Another attempt at cloning! Please Help me!

Ruhaa

Hey guy! Me Ruhaa here I'm attemping to clone again. This time I'm going with Root Roit cubes. I have read all the differnt post here. So I'm going by what I have read here. I'll keep post updates on my attemp this again.

So i made my cut. I scraped 3\4inch of the stem. I use the clonx gel that came with the root riot cubes. I sprayed the cubes with ph balance water (ph5.8). I place it in my dome that i sprayed with water for moister. Ikeep it in the dark for 3 days now. I have aired it out twice a day for a hour at a time. Now i have one vent open.

I'm about to put them under my t5's light tomorrow.

Here is a pix of them.

030111.jpg

Re: Ok another attemp at cloning!!!Please Help me!!!

Hey guy! Me Ruhaa here I'm attemping to clone again. This time I'm going with Root Roit cubes. I have read all the differnt post here. So I'm going by what I have read here. I'll keep post updates on my attemp this again.

So i made my cut. I scraped 3\4inch of the stem. I use the clonx gel that came with the root riot cubes. I sprayed the cubes with ph balance water (ph5.8). I place it in my dome that i sprayed with water for moister. Ikeep it in the dark for 3 days now.
I have aired it out twice a day for a hour at a time
. Now i have one vent open.

I'm about to put them under my t5's light tomorrow.

When you air them out do they wilt? IMHO I think an hour is too long. When I clone, I take the dome off just to spray them and them replace the dome. After 5 to 7 days I start taking the dome off a little more time each day. If I see them start to wilt, I replace the dome and try again the next day. When I can take the dome off for 2 hours without any signs of drooping, I leave the dome off. But I keep a close eye on them for any signs of wilting.

Everyone has their own method, this is what works for me. Also some strains are just hard to clone.

Hope this helps.
:Namaste:

What the general says is spot on....exactly how I do it too. I get darn near 100% success with the setup similar to what you've got. The only thing I might add is that I try not to keep the rooter too wet....like so wet its sitting in a pool of water. If I notice the rooter might be too wet I just pick it up and shake the excess water out and put it back in its home, also checking for roots at the same time. :) other than that I hope you get 100% success this time...good luck.

K i will do that. I want these clones to go there Blue dream. And right now in my state there rate in the top 5.
no wilting except one or two. k and I'll recheck the root cubes for dampness too.
Thanks general, I'll watch for those signs and I'll keep a daily post on how there doing with pix. I haven't had the chance to look today but I will and have a update you guys.

Thank guy for the advice. There was no signs of wilting. But I'll just sray the dome and put it back on but i do have a vent open now and there under my light or is that to soon. they where in the dark for about 3 days now there on there 4th day. the Rooting cubes are just damp but not saturated. I also pulled out the cubes to make sure the bottom was still moist and for roots. I know it's to soon for root ,but maybe.

Should I spray the clones the clones as well? Or does the humitiy do the feeding for the plant? I should say that there no water in tray just on the dome.

Thank for your time to look at my blog. wish me luck I'll post pix tonite for a update.
Ruhaa

I follow the same method as the General for the most part. I typically don't spray the plant with water, I just saturate the inside of the dome. As for the lights, I have mine under my T5 at 18/6 from the day I take the clippings. They are the farthest from the light compared to my other vegging plants, but I have never kept them in the dark entirely like you mentioned. Good luck! Can't wait to see some more pics

Just dont over water thats what happened to me..as you can see in pics below..but they came back strong..
IMAG05187.jpg
IMAG05703.jpg
IMAG05905.jpg
IMAG08722.jpg
IMAG09382.jpg
IMAG10932.jpg

Looking good! I like how the cfl's work. Been tring to insert my photo of my clones,but i guess something going on there in my gallery but i can't apply it. I guess i'll try again tomorrow or to nite since i dont sleep.

k I did find one clone that mold had started toss it.

K it's been 5 days now and had one with alittle mold starting (toss it). so now I'm keep a close eye on wilting as i keeping the dome off for alonger period of time. I am use Root Riot cubes tring to keep them moist and not dripping wet. hope these babys turn out good. I have done a litte experment to .I use Pro mix dirt with no type of nutrients in it and put a couple of clippings in its and bamm it work great but the thing is i grow dwc so what to do? rinse off the dirt and trans plat them. and is this a good idea?

don't mist, that is all.I never mist.

With this weather hot, you need to check the dome 2 times a day.For mold.That shit can wipe you out in a day.''I know""

Ya a hot day here. so I'm up to 3hours with dome off now before i see any sign of wilting. So i think that good sign but lose one of many.But aint that why you cut more then need and keep the good one! I also opened both vents for better air circulation. I'm tring to keep a close eye on them. I'm watching them like kids. And tring not to over think things to. I do know there a weed. so i try to keep that in mind.
So with the weather I'm make sure no mold.

K I really think I know what going on now! My 4 bulb t5 is heating the dome to almost 90 dergees. And i think that is what killing them. i think ill go with a single light for cloning. but i moved my light up 2ft. until i get the single fixture

I would be careful of having too strong of a light source thats too close to your girls..just word of advice from a rookie..If im wrong please drop in and let us newbe's know.. :)
K I really think I know what going on now! My 4 bulb t5 is heating the dome to almost 90 dergees. And i think that is what killing them. i think ill go with a single light for cloning. but i moved my light up 2ft. until i get the single fixture

K I figure out what was going on. K I just switch over my light to a 26watt cfl. I did have a 4bulb 2ft t5 over them and that was causing the heat to riase in the dome really fast. So that Is why I wasn't getting any clones.

Now since I switch over. I have 7 out of 15 and im sure I have more comming.

Im currently cloning Blue Dream. For my next grow after I get these aurora's in bloom. It will be a few weeks and I'll take clones from the Aurora's. Now that I have it figured out now. I'll Be keeping a mother plant of this Blue Dream and Aurora. I was thinking of putting them in dirt but Im not sure.

Well thank you guys for all the advice. And I'll be making a journal for those Blue Dream that I was cloning and that you guys help me make it possable. I do have another journal for the Aurora's.

Back
Top Bottom