Another old noob

greenSeeker

Hello all. I am another Californian taking advantage of newly legalized rec use. I was much more 'recreational' when I was younger. I have alcoholism in my lineage so when I quit drinking in my mid-20's (had been drinking pretty heavily for about 10 years), I also gave up getting high. Twenty-five years pass and my wife is diagnosed with cancer. Here comes the chemo and it hits pretty hard. I contacted a good friend in N. Cal. and he sent some 'herbal' remedies to help with the side effects of her chemo. She has never smoked a single thing in her life, so I need to help get her going. I am also doing a ton of reading and research about everything cancer-related, including medical marijuana. If any of you have gone through cancer and chemo with a loved one, you know that it isn't isolated to them. It is the most stressful thing I have ever been through. So I decided to start medicating a bit myself to try and take the edge off, you know just a little lift. I have to say it worked and it worked wonderfully for both of us. When I was young, I never got high. I only got stoned. Same with alcohol. I never had a drink, I only got plastered. Now I am pushing 50, I have some life under my belt and I can see the value in moderation. One light hit before walking in to work and another at lunch and my days are calm. Not worry-free mind you, but my mind is not on the constant verge of panic and fear.

I am a Bible-believing Christian and I highly value my faith and I pray a lot. I believe that God has created an amazing array of wonderful medicinal plants and minerals. We use our free will to do good or evil with them. They (the plants) have no morality. To say a plant is 'evil' or even 'bad' or 'wrong' is a ridiculous ploy of unimaginative people, usually with their own agenda (monetary gain is a good bet). So here I am. I am waiting on some seeds from 420 and will soon start my first outdoor auto grow on my patio. This seems like a great community with lots of support and positive energy. I plan to learn a lot and hope to contribute as well.

hi there .im new to sight too.christian too. been growing in colorado a while now.welcome.bless you and your right lots of good energy and people around here. im starting to spend alot of time here as it offers so much.

my view on cannabis is always being deciphered by the word.its been the toughest question for me personally. i know the truth. the word says use all things in moderation. i have hard time using anything in moderation butt am way better today.weed most of my life has been my "god" .i have sought after it ,pursued it, was dependent on it, worshiped it,relied on it, if i always had "it" i would be ok, i sacrificed for it,.... really i could go on and on. this ? has somewhat gained clarity for me recently.anyhow that's a very heavy subject that i have traveled very far down. for me personally i could sum it up to the lord Jesus will give me the desires of my heart sometimes even though it would not have been his chosen will, he still allows it and will eventually work it out to his good. i don't justify my use or growing any longer nor make excuses or cum up with reasons why its ok or whatever. im very realistic knowing satan wants to use my mind to convince me of things i know aren't of god.mabe we could talk about this on their Christians smoking weed thread.?

Hi GS! Welcome!

Let me start by making it clear I am not a rabbi (not even Jewish), my name is a typo. But since I kept the name I felt obligated to look into the rabbinical view on MMJ. I came across one rabbi's answer to the question is it right or wrong. He responded by saying that there are many laws that apply and not a clear yes or no. It is a question for each individual to decide whether or not they acting in accordance with G-d's law. One of those laws is the commandment to take care of one's body. Using MMJ to heal could therefore be considered appropriate. A condition doesn't need to be debilitating or life threatening, and the almost universal opinion here is that MJ is not harmful to the body but actually beneficial. There were several other laws he discussed, but all are up to the individual to chose what is right. The only clear objection he gave was to people using it to "find G-d."
I applaud your choice of moderation and recognizing the personal risks for you. I wish your wife and you successful healing. I recently treated my cancer with MMJ and am now on maintenance doses.

Thanks KR. A Jewish person once told me there is an idiom, "Two Jews = three opinions!" Rabbis especially seem to have a lot of freedom in interpreting the Torah. I haven't really thought about his "not for seeking G-d" rule, but on the face of it I think I agree. A clear mind is best for reading Scripture and prayerfully considering its Truth. I suppose there could be some argument that if one is in so much pain that they can't think straight or concentrate enough to read, then cannabis could be used to ease that symptom and thereby allow them to seek God, but that's sort of a 'once removed' usage.

I see you are from the Pacific NW. I grew up in Spokane and lived a while in Seattle before moving to So. Cal. We are having a wet, rainy winter here. It reminds me of growing webbed feet and moss on my head in Seattle. Loved it!

Blessings,
GS

Is there anybody out there? (probably my all time favorite songs)

Still here... I went over and read some threads in the Religion forum. As you would expect, there is a spectrum of beliefs represented. I tend to be more of a 'historical/grammatical' type, though not sola scriptura. I might contribute in there a bit if the Spirit moves, but mainly I'm here for growing tips.

Pink Floyd is still one of my favorite Prog Rock groups. Gilmore's solo stuff is good as well.

Back
Top Bottom