Any standardization of processed products for medical use? Any information online?

Gothmog

Since I use mainly for insomnia, and not being overly fond of smoking, I tend to favor cannabis in its ingestible forms. Lately, though, every time I head down to the local dispensary, I see more products offered for sale under the glass counters. There are hard candies, cocoa-puff-like crunchy morsels, teas, hash oil, hash oil capsules, and actual hash on offer. In many cases, though, the employees don't seem to know all that much about it, or if they do, it's usually too busy in the shop to detain them with numerous questions. This can be frustrating as I like to know how much I'm using, and to have at least a vague notion of equivalent amounts between different types of product. For instance, they offer a half-gram of one kind of hash for $15, which is in the same price range of a gram of some kinds of bud. How do the two compare in value for money, in terms of getting the most bang for the buck? If you want to make herbal extracts, would the hash oil capsules work better than fresh bud? I'm not asking anyone here to answer my specific questions in this thread; these are just examples of the questions, and I have a lot more.

The difficulty is that the dispensaries can't operate websites, or at least, as far as I've seen they can't provide detailed product lists in this way. The Internet does not stop at state borders and such detailed information online would surely draw unfriendly attention from Federal law enforcement. On the other hand, I see many of the same types of products sold in different dispensaries, which leads me to think there's a sort of standardization happening on a de facto basis. So I have no idea whether a $20 bottle of hash oil capsules is better for my purposes than a $10 bag of "cocoa puffs", whether we're talking about mere price-efficiency or qualitative differences in effect.

Is there any place I can find this background information online, even somewhere on this website? I understand why dispensaries are leering of putting these details on the Web, but, if we can have this website here, I would think that someone not affiliated with a particular dispensary might have set up a page with general information about the different preparations seen on the market.

Back
Top Bottom