Any wick/soil users? I need advice

jimm14

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get more mothers into a smaller space, at the moment I have 2 largeish DWC units for two large mothers.

Now I have a footprint of about 2x2, So I going to make 4 bonsai mothers to replace the DWC unit.

The only problem I have Is i'm not always around to water my plants, that's why I use hydro...

I want to use 1ltr air pots or 3ltr smartpot, for air pruning and saves me reviving the mothers as much.

I want a wick system to feed them so I can just add water. What do I use for wick? how thick? do I use 3-4 smaller ones over one large one?

This also will need a long term soil, one that will not need extra feed unless I want extra growth and can be used upto a year without becoming spent. I'm not a soil guy so any suggestions? I have coco/perlite/rockwool/hydroton/sand but I don't want coco or rockwool for over a year, it'll be a salty cube at the end. I don't mind using them as additives. can I add a SRF(slow release fert)?

So basicly I need a wick user to tell me what size pot to use with what medium and what sized wick to suit :thumb:
not much then
thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom