Anyone Know about ValuTek HPS / MH Lamps 1000watt from $34.95

o2much4me

Does anyone know about these ValuTek High Pressure Sodium Lamps and ValuTek Metal Halide Lamps?

I was wondering if the sprectrum was pretty close to the Eye Hortilux, Son Agro, or Sunmaster high end brands at a fraction of the price with 1000 watts from $34.95 for HSP & $24.95 for MH

I have looked at this comparison data sheet but wanted feedback.

also found some info here-> ValuTek info

Good KiwiKing. Still twice the price. I have a request in to see the sprectrum. Normally you do have to pay about the $75 to get name brand good bulbs.
Much Thanks

I did want to show people on a budget there are so really inexpensive choices out there.

TBH a 1000w bulb is not for someone on a budget. The extra $35 dollars saved is nothing compared to the costs incurred from buying that bulb. You have to buy the ballast, the reflector, cooling fans and ducting. The price is now nearing $500 EASY (for so called budget equipment), plus you are going to have to foot the electric bill. If you are going to be spending all that why try to save an extra $35 for the most important part of the grow for the plants health?? -- doesn't make much sense imo. For someone doing a simple budget grow a 400w or floros is the best option. I never understood the "budget" 1000w bulbs in the first place. Plus these bulbs are made for industrial use and it just so happens that growers also use 1000 watt bulbs.

The best budget options, imho, are the enclosed ballast 400 watt systems. These have the ballast and reflector included in the reflector. They are $150 for top of the line systems such as the sun system 2. ;)

I do want to thank you for posting this thread though. It made me go check out eBay, and I just snagged a Hortilux for $35 w/ shipping at the last minute!!! It pays to shop around and hunt for bargains...eBay is your friend. That's the ways to save some $$.

For someone doing a simple budget grow a 400w or floros is the best option. I never understood the "budget" 1000w bulbs in the first place. Plus these bulbs are made for industrial use and it just so happens that growers also use 1000 watt bulbs.

The best budget options, imho, are the enclosed ballast 400 watt systems. These have the ballast and reflector included in the reflector. They are $150 for top of the line systems such as the sun system 2. ;)

400 watt HPS bulbs are listed for $13.95 or $18.95 for 400 watt MH

Alot of budget shoppers are checking craigslist for deals. Cool that you snagged a deal on eBay on that bulb.

Thanks for your post.
& YES I DO see your point as far as going balls out if your a 1000 Watt light user, so squeezing every possible color & lumen is a good point...

Back
Top Bottom