430 Son Agro or 400 HPS?

ChicoCrops

Hey everyone, So I have two lights to choose from. Will you help me decide which one to use?
I am in my 3/4th week of Veg. Two clones of Romulan and 4 seeds I planted. The clones are around 8/9 inches and the seeds are around 5/6 inches tall.
I have been vegging with a Philips 430 Watt High Pressure Sodium lamp called Son Agro. Heres a website that gives details on it...
https://www.betterthannature.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=27

Today my buddy gave me his light. Its a 400 Watt Hortilux Super HPS Enhanced spectrum lamp.
So, should I use the Philips 430 lamp for veg. since it has both MH and HPS spectrum and then use the 400 Hortilux for flowering?
Cheers!

Son Agro. That extra 30 watts is blue spectrum whereas the other 400watts is orange spectrum. The extra blue spectrum gives your plants a more balanced diet.

On a side not veggin with hps at all is a bad idea. Makes your plants grow stringy and weak. They need more blue spectrum during vegging. I'd suggest picking up a metal halide conversion bulb for your hps systyem. That way you can have the good blue spectrum(mh) simulating spring for vegging and the orange spectrum(hps) simulating summer for flowering.

Agro sun bulbs are greatbut they are a little pricey,I have both type of lights so I am not sure.I do know the better balance of light the healthier the plant.
Use both.

Back
Top Bottom