Arapahoe DA Targets Probationers Using Medical Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Arapahoe County District Attorney Carol Chambers has told the 18th Judicial District probation department that she intends to revoke the probation of any person caught smoking medical marijuana, even if a judge approved it.

In a Dec. 14 e-mail to Chief Probation officer Robin Leaf, Chambers wrote:

"We are taking the position that people who use medical marijuana while on probation are in violation of federal law and must be revoked. That is true even if a judge is telling them it is not. A state judge cannot change federal law and a violation of federal law is a violation of probation.

"Obviously, we do not make the laws, we only enforce them and we cannot pick and chose ( sic ) which ones we enforce and which ones we do not. When we get a case where this is an issue, we will take the ruling up to the Court of Appeals so that we can get some clarification. I think the sooner we can do this, the better."

Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey said, through a spokeswoman, that his department is working with the courts to determine a policy about probationers and medical marijuana. In the meantime, he said each case will be decided individually. He added that no one admitted in Drug Court will be allowed to use medical marijuana.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Denver Post (CO)
Copyright: 2009 The Denver Post Corp
Author: Mike McPhee

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight,,But push the rittalin and adderall..:roorrip:

WTF you mean to tell me that the d.a. ( which sounds like it stands for Dumb Ass) is going to revoke probation for following state laws and a doctors prescription and a judges O.K. ??? Who is this f----ng NAZI?? Where does her paycheck come from,the feds or the state??? While I am at it, How in the hell are you not supposed to use medical marijuana as a defense, in court if you are a registered and approved to use mmj by the state. Who are the judges and lawyers who come up with this Bull---t? What ever happened to common sense ???

People like this are the same kind of people who ran and worked at Auschwitz..Where are morals at in this country?? I wish we could make alcohol illegal and make pot legal what a peaceful and safe country we would surely have, that is after the years of violence from the people ADDICTED to alcohol subsided.Does any one remember prohibition??? We (pot smokers) have to be above everything that got alcohol back to a legal status( violence in the streets, crooked cops,crooked judges,crooked gov.) I just want to smoke a joint without worrying about losing my liberty. We only have the truth to fight with. We will win someday

Yeah this is ridiculous, while my state unfortunately does not allow MMJ is still think that a court should not be able to dictate what a person should use when it's prescribed by a doc.

looks like the D.A. not only picks the laws to enforce...he writes them too!
Recall his ass, and sue for his pension...he has caused the people of CO. unnecessary pain and suffering.
until these abusers pay out of their pockets (instead of public funds) they will continue to ignore/break laws they dislike.

Back
Top Bottom