Are these nutrients good? What should I avoid like the plague?

BrokrnEyes

Or the nutrients that will be using for my first grow in January:

Note: for upcoming hydro grow

Floranova grow and bloom liquid nutrients -bought - basic food for plant

Superthrive Vitamin Solution - bought - to encourage root growths

Plant revolution Great white - to increase water and nutrient uptake and thus allowing for better yield (current plan is to introduce this to plant immediately, i.e. At seed)

Humboldts Secret Golden Tree, All-In-One Nutrient Additive - decreases veg time and increases yield by 20%
I'm a bit unsure about this one as I'm unsure how it will affect an autoflower. Anyone play with this one before? How were the results?

Is there ANY nutrient or additive I should absolutely refuse to use?

Well I absolutely refuse to use the best most valuable one because it is super expensive (1L bottle $100 at the store, $64 from amazon) and I make it in a bucket for cheap.

I don't know that the question is all that easy to answer.

I would go over to the journals section and look for people using the products you want to use and read what they went through.

If you are a newb then I usually recommend running a different line I like but don't run myself anymore because I like to be a little more in control. Flora Nova is supposed to be great but I have read of people who hate it. Just don't get brand loyal right out of the gate. They are really all the same if you understand how the plants work. And there is the magic...not in the nutes, but understanding how plants in general work. A good grower will make any Brand work well.

Don't Worry, I'm hardly brand loyalty anything, that's where they get you. Good idea reading the grow journals.

I'm using a aerogarden, so DWC/basic aeroponic system.

Ahhhhh my favorite Hydro.

I am gonna try a combo aero gravity return with monster bubblers next. I have done a lot of research on the UC systems and the guys I trust in the stores who are running it tell me from experience it has nothing to do with the water flow. UC is just NFT on crack without the dry period. It is all about the aeration and even the sales rep says that to them. So I am gonna do a gravity return with the epicenter full of those flexi bubbler pipes and see how that goes next time I run hydro...if I get around to building it...I may just use me RDWC again.

Good luck, Start a journal and PM me.

For newbs I like to suggest Advanced Nutrients but it is also spendy.

If you can get it...to save a lot of cash you can use Elanor's VF-11, add Cal/mag, and Silica for Veg. That will get you half way there for near nothing. I can get VF-11 at Home depot but I think it isn't available everywhere. In the NW you can get it at Freds and Walmart too. The stuff is dirt cheap and better researched than a lot of brands. Real good single bottle stuff.

When you start your journal I will point you at a few to read that are good. I am helping one guy right now that is documenting the res measurements very well so you can see and understand what is happening and it all makes sense. It is his first grow and it is stellar and it is 100% micro garden DIY build cabinet and the works. reminds me a lot of my first cabinet.

Transitioning to bloom you probably want to spend some money on "the good stuff" but again it is about the grower not the nutes.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom