Ash Fertilizer

Don`t laugh. I`ve used Charcoal and wood ashes around my grow many times. In the old days, it was very acceptable and just like epson salt it worked to a certain degree. With all the modern day Nutes, these old methods have taken a back seat to the new generation of growing. Charcoal works very well in an outdoor environment....

Howdy palladin. So glad I read this conversation till the end. It's what I thought and then finding the needle in the haystack. I reckon 2 of us can't be wrong. Happy 420!

Wood Ash (Potash) is excellent for controlling pests when dusting your plants with it, Potash is a nutrient the plant uses to boost FLOWERING, so be careful.
Look at flowering nutrients you buy, they are mostly Potash & Phosphate.
If you use too much ash, ( I sift my wood ash) you can inadvertently cause early flowering. :)

If you use too much ash, ( I sift my wood ash) you can inadvertently cause early flowering.
I have seen an increase in pre-flowers a week to 10 days after using a strong dose of Phosphorous. Now I will have to try to remember to test a plant or two with high doses of wood ash (Potash) instead Potassium from any other source.

Something else to add to my list of hobby things to do.;)

Wood ash is such a good fertilizer that when the United States became a British colony one of the things America sent over to England was shiploads of wood ash for use as fertilizer because England had badly depleted soil. Even in contemporary times poor farmers around the world use it as a cheap and readily available fertilizer. I have a fireplace and after a fire I collect a plastic bag full of the finest ash I can find with very few pieces of charcoal. I add this to my plants not during the veg cycle but about a week into the flowering cycle. This gives the plant a little extra NPK to help it grow big juicy fat buds. If you do not believe me, try it. I grew two clones cut from the exact same plant and both were planted in 3 gallon smart pots. One plant was given just wood ash and the other plant I fed the Fox Farm nutrient line up. The plant I gave straight wood ash had bigger thicker healthier buds and the overall look of the plant was more healthy than the one I fed nutrients.
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Back
Top Bottom