Attorney: Medical Marijuana Patients Being Arrested

Jacob Bell

SCOTTSDALE, AZ - A Valley attorney claims people operating within the confines of the law by possessing medical marijuana are being arrested by police.

Attorney Adam Trenk tells ABC15 his law firm, Rose Law Group, has received dozens of calls from patients who claim to have had run-ins with police even though they can now legally possess medical marijuana.

"We've heard of one case where the SWAT team went and raided a gentleman's home," said Trenk. "This is an outrage."

Voters passed medical marijuana last fall, but Arizona's Department of Health Services put the dispensary program on hold until the federal government can weigh in on the legality of Arizona's law.

"If it's federally illegal, the states shouldn't be doing it," said Gordon Bates of Glendale. "The federal government needs to make a decision."

Michael Sanderfer of Chandler supports the new state law and doesn't understand why carrying a card has reportedly resulted in some people getting arrested for posession.

"I think the police need to back off," said Sanderfer. "Since the law was agreed upon, they need to accept the law and quit doing this."

Trenk worries even more medical marijuana patients could become targets of law enforcement.

"If the person is a qualified patient and they have the ID card, they need to be left alone by police," said Trenk. "If they're arrested, they need to contact an attorney."

Sanderfer agrees and hopes the law will go into full effect just as the voters intended.

"We voted for it," said Sanderfer. "Let it work."

A spokesperson for the Phoenix Police Department said without specifics, which Trenk was unable to provide, he could not comment.

diego.jpg

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: abc15.com
Author: Tim Vetscher
Copyright: The E.W. Scripps Co.
Website: Attorney: Medical marijuana patients being arrested

Still safer to be a stealth grower here in AZ. I knew our politiians and " law enforcement" would make mmj as hard for us as they could. Our lawmakers could not care less what the people want. They have proven that over and over.

Hey I have an idea! Let's start a National Police Officer's Pension Fund. All the dispensaries in the USA are to give 1 % of their earnings to the fund yearly. The more dispensaries...the more money for the cops! A win win situation! ;)

Hey I have an idea! Let's start a National Police Officer's Pension Fund. All the dispensaries in the USA are to give 1 % of their earnings to the fund yearly. The more dispensaries...the more money for the cops! A win win situation! ;)
Sounds kind of like being forced to pay thugs for protection or they destroy your business.:peace:

:yummy::yummy::yummy: Face it living in Scottsdale and possesing MMJ is like living in Nazi Germany and being a Jew. The only true recourse is to move to another location and get on with your life. RD :goodluck::goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom