Aurora Indica Fem & Afghan Fem Grow Journal

SJ-Distiller

420 Member
If successful, this will be my fourth grow where I actually have a harvest. And that is after several disasters. This has been a fun journey so far; it's amazing how hard it can be to grow a weed! I am hoping I will get some good input as this progresses. To begin this grow, I placed two seeds in Rapid Rooters--an Afghan fem from High Supplies and an Aurora Indica from Seedsman. These were germinated in a domed seed starter tray on a heating mat. Once they germinated, they were moved to a small DWC in 2 inch net pots with expanded clay. Nutes were GH Florabloom, Floramicro, and Floragrow each @ 2.5 ml for 3 gallons (one third recommended strength). Sorry about the blurple. Light is a GalaxyHydro 300w.
IMG_0213.jpg

Here is with normal lighting. This is a RDWC--I have a small pump circulating water through the clay balls, with an airstone in the reservoir.
IMG_1435.JPG
IMG_6223.JPG

The reason I use the RDWC method is because I travel frequently. I was away Oct. 14 to 20, but can check on my plants via webcam.
IMG_0284.PNG

I upgraded my lights from a GalaxyHydro 300 watt to a 315 watt CMH. I use GH nutes at half the recommended strength. I change the solution about once per week. I FIM'd the plants last week, now looking for advice on how to train/prune these:
IMG_0343.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry I have not been providing updates. I did not get any comments so I assumed there was little interest. Anyway, here we are as of Dec 3:
weed dec 3.jpg

As you will note, I think I waited too long to flower as the one plant is very close to the light. I also suck at training/trimming. I did take some clones before I switched to flower. I also took clones after it flowered, and they have rooted and are in flower as well. I am hoping that they will re-veg..

Look into super cropping. A lot of people here, self included, use it for the exact situation that you are in. Your plants haven't gotten to the point of being woody stem wise yet which makes it more forgiving.

Look into super cropping. A lot of people here, self included, use it for the exact situation that you are in. Your plants haven't gotten to the point of being woody stem wise yet which makes it more forgiving.
I consulted the Cannabis Encyclopedia: "Some gardeners swear by this practice, and there might be a morsel of truth to it." I think I am just going to leave it be. It seems the growth in height has slowed and the buds are starting to fatten. Maybe I'll try one branch and see how it goes. Thanks so much for the tip!

This is Dec 14, about a week and a half ago. I have definitely learned that light intensity is everything! I am developing much thicker buds with the CMH 315 than I did with my COB and blurples. I am even getting more buds than I did from my outdoor Jack Herer grow this summer (although I had to grow it in an area that only got full sun for about 6 to 8 hrs/day. Otherwise, it was in the shade.)

Here we are this week. Buds are getting fatter. I think 1 to 2 weeks more. I do see a few amber trichomes on some of the leaves.

Attachments

• Dec 24 main.jpg
    Dec 24 main.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 58
Before I flipped to flower, I took two clones of each plant. They are now in flower in a smaller tent (2' x 2' x 4'). Once I harvest the two plants in the closet, I will move these four plants to the closet.

Dec_29_02.jpg

These are clones I took from the original clones at various times. The two larger ones will go into the tent once I move the first set of clones to my closet.

Dec_29_03.jpg

Finally (for today): I took another set of clones from the two larger plants in the above--2 Afghan and 2 Aurora. I hope to have at least two survive to keep up the cycle.

Dec_29_04.jpg

Back
Top Bottom