Auto-flower not flowering

Jmann69

420 Member
Sitting on day 36 and it has not started flowering yet. Its a nice bush with plenty of cola sites. I've been on an 18/6 schedule and was thinking of going 12/12 to force it into flowering. Good idea? If yes, and if its starts to flower, should I go back to the 18/6 or just leave it on 12/12?

Jmann

I'm growing Northern Lights. I went ahead and dropped the light cycle to 12/12 the day I posted this. It has started to flower, I believe. It's at the beginning stages so we will see. Should I go back to 18/6?

Jmann

I am having the same issue. I planted four seeds from the auto feminized mix, so I am not sure of the exact strain. Two of the four have taken hold and I am at day 46. One of the plants is now well into its flowering phase. The other, while very healthy, shows no signs of flowering. I am at an 18/6 schedule. Given that I have one plant flowering and healthy, I am at a loss as to how to proceed with the plant still in the vegetative stage.

Not complaining, but I was asked a question, answered, and responded with a question. No response. CK, what up? I just don't want to screw up.

@Jmann69 - Just curious about the result here. I see you're still active on the forum (as of 3/22 at least) so I was curious about what happened. Just wondering about closing the loop here. Peace.

I just followed my own advice and did as I said, went back to 18/6 and everything turned out fine. I've heard that the AF's are very forgiving and easy to work with. I guess so! Thanks for asking and closing the loop on what I did to make them start to flower.

my autoflower start flowering at day 28, its northern light too from crop king
northern_light_2.jpg
northern_light_1.jpg

Just to confirm with the op. I had two sets of auto's in different set ups and different ages and different strains. I put them all in 12 hours of darkness and all of them except the seedlings showed preflowers the next day. They also seem to be preparing to flower. Since the same strain of different ages all showed sex at the same time coinciding with the 12 hour darkness, I can only conclude that 12 hours of darkness will trigger flower in auto's to flower prematurely.

My assumption so far is the fasted way to bring an auto from seed to harvest it to go 18/6 (or 20/4) until first sign of preflowers, alternating nodes or other signs the plant may be sexually mature. Give the plants 12 hours (or more) of darkness then switch back to 18/6.

The longer days increases the metabolism and the 12 hours of darkness triggers the automatic flowering process.

Back
Top Bottom