AutoFlower Strains, Flowering Time Questions

It looks like it's just a few of the lower leaves. This is perfectly normal. The plants tend to shed some of those lower leaves as they mature. It doesn't look like anything to worry about at this point as long as it doesn't start effecting large portions of the plant. However, in a few weeks, you will see more of the plant start to yellow/fade as she gets closer to harvest.
:goodjob:
Awesome... I really appreciate it Krip.. I was hoping it was.. I flushed yesterday just to make sure there wasnt build up in nutes and to clean out the soil.. I'll start nutes again when it dries.
Question. Since it is in flower do I need to add more nitrogen? I use Fox Farm grow big and tiger bloom. I have only been using Cal-mag, and tiger bloom. The Cal-mag I use has 2% nitrogen and tiger bloom has 2% as well.

Awesome... I really appreciate it Krip.. I was hoping it was.. I flushed yesterday just to make sure there wasnt build up in nutes and to clean out the soil.. I'll start nutes again when it dries.
Question. Since it is in flower do I need to add more nitrogen? I use Fox Farm grow big and tiger bloom. I have only been using Cal-mag, and tiger bloom. The Cal-mag I use has 2% nitrogen and tiger bloom has 2% as well.

Well, plants need MORE Nitrogen in veg than in flower, but they do need a constant supply of Nitrogen throughout the growth cycles. Fox Farms is a 3-part base nutrient regime consisting of Grow Big & Big Bloom (used in veg) and then, in flower, you add the Tiger Bloom. You mix these in different amounts/combinations to get the right ratios of nutes needed at different stages of growth.

Here is the Fox Farms Feeding Chart for SOIL:

The other listed supplements are optional, but you should use that schedule (assuming you're in soil!) for the feedings to ensure you're getting the correct RATIOS of N/P/K.

Well, plants need MORE Nitrogen in veg than in flower, but they do need a constant supply of Nitrogen throughout the growth cycles. Fox Farms is a 3-part base nutrient regime consisting of Grow Big & Big Bloom (used in veg) and then, in flower, you add the Tiger Bloom. You mix these in different amounts/combinations to get the right ratios of nutes needed at different stages of growth.

Here is the Fox Farms Feeding Chart for SOIL:

The other listed supplements are optional, but you should use that schedule (assuming you're in soil!) for the feedings to ensure you're getting the correct RATIOS of N/P/K.
Sweet!! Well Thanks again for all your help!! Have a great day Krip

Ok so I'm not sure what to think @Mr. Krip
I'm now at day 68.. This coming Monday will be the start of week 10. I have about 7 to 8 more fan leave yellowing and fading. Pistols on this girl are starting to amber, I tried my best to look at the tricombs with a 100x magnifier. I wear glasses and a bit shakey but alot looked clear and some milky. Her flower has grown a bit more but not by much. I was hoping for fat ass buds and a big main cola but it doesn't seem to be going this way. Does all this indicate maybe about 2 weeks left in her life and starting of the flush?? And question 2... Do some phenotypes/genetics not produce big flower and will she get fatter over the next couple weeks IF this is the indication for me to start flushing???
20190126_093140.jpg
20190126_093151.jpg
20190126_093632.jpg
20190126_093302.jpg
20190126_093346.jpg
20190126_093357.jpg
The main cola below
20190126_093648.jpg

Ok so I'm not sure what to think @Mr. Krip
I'm now at day 68.. This coming Monday will be the start of week 10. I have about 7 to 8 more fan leave yellowing and fading. Pistols on this girl are starting to amber, I tried my best to look at the tricombs with a 100x magnifier. I wear glasses and a bit shakey but alot looked clear and some milky. Her flower has grown a bit more but not by much. I was hoping for fat ass buds and a big main cola but it doesn't seem to be going this way. Does all this indicate maybe about 2 weeks left in her life and starting of the flush?? And question 2... Do some phenotypes/genetics not produce big flower and will she get fatter over the next couple weeks IF this is the indication for me to start flushing???
20190126_093140.jpg
20190126_093151.jpg
20190126_093632.jpg
20190126_093302.jpg
20190126_093346.jpg
20190126_093357.jpg
The main cola below
20190126_093648.jpg

Nice job, Brother! Looking good! :welldone:

Don't worry about those yellowing fans. You can pull the ones that are completely/mostly yellow off, if you want.

By looking at the first couple of pics, I would have guessed something like 4-5 weeks out, but the close-up shots of the colas make me thing it's probably more like 3-4 weeks.

The last couple of weeks of flower can account for something like 30% of the weight and one of the biggest newbie mistakes is harvesting too early.

TBH, I rarely use trichome color for timing to judge when to harvest, though I do check them.

Also, look for the plant to drastically slow down it's water intake, and, as the buds fatten up, all those white pistils will amber up and get what I call "absorbed" into the buds.

Keep posting pics and we'll all let you know when you should be close to or in the "harvest window". :high-five:

Nice job, Brother! Looking good! :welldone:

Don't worry about those yellowing fans. You can pull the ones that are completely/mostly yellow off, if you want.

By looking at the first couple of pics, I would have guessed something like 4-5 weeks out, but the close-up shots of the colas make me thing it's probably more like 3-4 weeks.

The last couple of weeks of flower can account for something like 30% of the weight and one of the biggest newbie mistakes is harvesting too early.

TBH, I rarely use trichome color for timing to judge when to harvest, though I do check them.

Also, look for the plant to drastically slow down it's water intake, and, as the buds fatten up, all those white pistils will amber up and get what I call "absorbed" into the buds.

Keep posting pics and we'll all let you know when you should be close to or in the "harvest window". :high-five:
Krip, brother, thanks a million for the advise man, I don't mean to "@" your ass every time I post but you seem to be the one to actually respond and help the most so for that Thank you!!

Krip, brother, thanks a million for the advise man, I don't mean to "@" your ass every time I post but you seem to be the one to actually respond and help the most so for that Thank you!!

Anytime, Brother! :high-five:

Anytime, Brother! :high-five:
I have one more question and I'll leave you alone..lol.. so I've been trying to find out about the rep points here..but I'm either blind or damn idk. I read post of a cauliflower icon or green squares or something where is this at I can't seem to find it anywhere.

They did away with the Rep Points about 6-8 months ago when they updated the website. Too bad, too, cuz' I had tons and don't even get me going about the old "420 Bucks"! :rofl:

I appreciate the thought, though, and you should check out AND participate in the 420 Contests ;)

They did away with the Rep Points about 6-8 months ago when they updated the website. Too bad, too, cuz' I had tons and don't even get me going about the old "420 Bucks"! :rofl:

I appreciate the thought, though, and you should check out AND participate in the 420 Contests;)
I just posted in the January Photo contest!! Thanks for the contest suggestion! Hope I win :cool:

I'm new here ladies and gents!! Also new to growing. Very excited to produce my own medicine!!.

I have a 38 day old Blueberry Auto that is 23 inches tall and have not shown any signs of flowering at this point, I'm 4 days away from week 6. I know some people say flowers can start at week 4 some say they can start flowering between 6 and 8. I just want to know if my plant looks to be in good health and should be flowering soon. Can anybody please help me, this is my first grow I'm very excited, at the same time a little nervous. One thing I did do on day 36 was did a defoliation to get light through the plant. Whoever responds please be gentle, I did a pretty heavy defoliation...lol.. first picture is before defoliating on Day 36 the other pics are day 38.

I am using 5 gallon smart pots, under a 1500w Full Spectrum King LED light, temps between 76 to 79 F during light hrs, 64 to 68 F at night. Lights schedule is set at 18 on 6 off. Humidity always between 55 to 65 %.

Perfect !!!

Oooo I hope those buds fatten right up the next couple weeks. That main cola could produce some serious weight!!
Sofa King I hope so too. they've seemed to be straggling along as far as fattening up so I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks to few weeks it's significantly bigger!! If not I guess it could be the genetics of those seeds that I've purchased. But I have been told buy an amazing helper on here that the last couple of weeks of flower is when they get alot growth, if you don't mind me asking what is your opinion to the pictures I've submitted on my last post and my questions/concerns?

@Mr. Krip dude I know you're going to hate me before this Harvest is over. I know we just talked about this a couple of days ago with the leaves fading and the flushing and such. BUT I just noticed today that the main Cola leaves towards the top or starting to fade as well, here's a couple of pictures. Sorry about the lights I know it's hard on the eyes. I just don't want to let it go too long and all the trichomes and THC turn to shit.
There is still quite a few fan leaves fading in the middle and towards the bottom but the majority of leaves are still green.
20190128_214525.jpg

20190128_213821.jpg
20190128_213857.jpg

@Mr. Krip dude I know you're going to hate me before this Harvest is over. I know we just talked about this a couple of days ago with the leaves fading and the flushing and such. BUT I just noticed today that the main Cola leaves towards the top or starting to fade as well, here's a couple of pictures. Sorry about the lights I know it's hard on the eyes. I just don't want to let it go too long and all the trichomes and THC turn to shit.
There is still quite a few fan leaves fading in the middle and towards the bottom but the majority of leaves are still green.
20190128_214525.jpg

20190128_213821.jpg
20190128_213857.jpg

It's no worries, Brother! Like I said, I'm happy to help.

The burnt leaf tips usually indicate that you're feeding a little too high PPM's, so you may want to back down on the nutes just a bit. It's not any major isssue and there are a lot of growers that like to push the nutes to the max and don't feel "right" unless they have some burnt tips. That being said, if they're browning, and not just yellowing a little, it's probably a little too much and you should lower PPM's.

It's no worries, Brother! Like I said, I'm happy to help.

The burnt leaf tips usually indicate that you're feeding a little too high PPM's, so you may want to back down on the nutes just a bit. It's not any major isssue and there are a lot of growers that like to push the nutes to the max and don't feel "right" unless they have some burnt tips. That being said, if they're browning, and not just yellowing a little, it's probably a little too much and you should lower PPM's.
Yeah those burnt tips actually happened weeks ago and since then I have dropped the nutes down, of course once they're burnt they never go back green but it's not turning brown on the leaves it's actually yellowing but I looked at other people's Harvest photos in the whole plant yellow so I guess I'm in good shape I'll slow my roll on the worries...lol

Well its day 74.. She hasn't fattened up much since last post few days ago.. but here are pics of her tircombs. To me they look a bit milky but still quite a few white pistols.. it's the best I could do..
20190131_171844.jpg
20190131_172128.jpg

Good morning to all!! So yesterday I received my 60x magnifier in the mail that hooked to my phone camera, which I love by the way!! I was taking a look at this girl last night and found some Amber tricombs lingering throughout the buds, alot seemed hazy "milky" and some clear. I will provide pics later after work but is this a sign she may be ready to chop? I did do a flush about 4 days ago and her soil still seems to be saturated. Anyway, tall have a great day and pics will come later on.

Back
Top Bottom