Best soil to use for indoor auto?

chilly3983

Hi guys,

I am about to attempt my second grow...first is almost complete all be it stunted. This was due to the wrong soil being used from the start.
my question is this, could I use coco coir instead of soil? or would a mix of both be best? Would I only be able to use coco nutes if the first is ok. Im asking because of what happ3ned to me on my last attempt. Pictures in my gallery if u wanna laugh.

thanks if you can help

happy rollin

There are some members who use coco coir as their soil medium and like coco coir as their mediums. You can use any nutrients with coco coir as long as you supplement calcium and magnesium. Washing your coco coir before use is recommended to remove contaminates and salts. To prepare your coco coir you should soak your coco coir with calcium and magnesium in pH 5.5 water. there is a coco sub forum you can ask questions in as well.

Coco Growing

in this thread created by BigIrishDoode you can ask specific questions about coco coir

Lets Talk Coco! Organics & Salts

If it were me, I'd just start off in something like Light Warrior in a 4x4 cube pot until root bound. Then transplant into a 3-5 gal container with something charged like VermiFire and just water it. This all assuming that you are growing a typical 60 day auto. Plenty of nutes in VermiFire to last that long, and best of all its organic.

B-

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add vermiculite and mycorrhizae. I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients and flush for 7 days. General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients can be used in hydroponics, soil and soiless mediums.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: Flora Series

Here is a list of ingredients in a supersoil I've been researching on internet. Please tell what you think. Is there other things I should add or take away. Can this supersoil really provide all the nutrients needed for tthe entire grow. I really want to grow organically and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
4 kg bags of based soil(organic potting soil),5 to 10 kg of worm castings,1 kg of bone meal, 1 kg of bloom bat guano, 1 kg of bone meal,.75 kg of r Oo clinic phosphate, 1/8 cup of Epson salts,1/4 cup azomite, 1/2 cup of dolomite, 1 tbsp powdered humidity acid

Back
Top Bottom