Bottom yellow leaves

killerbeez

420 Member
hi all, i m a beginner grower, i have a problem of the bottom yellow leaves. My plant is in the week 4 of flowering stage and the bottom leaves is starting to turn yellow. but when u see the top is green and health. why it cause this situation, if it s a problem and how to fix it?

cheers
View album 19468

hi all, i m a beginner grower, i have a problem of the bottom yellow leaves. My plant is in the week 4 of flowering stage and the bottom leaves is starting to turn yellow. but when u see the top is green and health. why it cause this situation, if it s a problem and how to fix it?

cheers
View album 19468

Not sure if I ever welcomed you to the forum, but :welcome: (memory is shot)

Some bottom leaves will turn automatically. This is due to the fact the leaves are not doing much for the plant. They do not get enough light to actually help with growing. At some point, the plant will sacrifice them to reduce the amount of energy they require to stay alive.

There are other problems that can cause lower leaves to turn. I will add the problem solver in here, for you to browse through to make sure you do not have a true problem.

They look great. If the problem starts moving or getting worse, you may want to speak a little LOUDER. Just joking... someone usually answers pretty quick.

Starting a grow journal is also a great way to provide content for the group and get help much faster. It is more work, but I find it really helps with the learning process.

Just some ideas......

Hope this helps :thumb:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial | 420 Magazine ®

Hi, and :welcome: to the forum.

You probably have a problem, but we need more information to help. This is the information needed, in addition to photos:

Strain:
# of Plants:
Growth Stage:
seedling, vegetative, flowering (include time in stage)
Grow Area Size:
Air Temperature:
(in the grow area)
Relative Humidity:
Ventilation:
Size of fans / airflow (cu m/hr or CFM)
Lights: MH, HPS, LED, (include power and manufacturer)
Grow Type: Soil, coco coir/perlite, hydroponics, etc
Medium: more details of the grow type (rockwool, expanded clay, etc.)
Pot / Bag / Bucket & Resevoir Size: in liters or US gal
Nutrients: manufacturer and series (ie: General Hydroponics Flora Trio)
Solution Temperature:
Solution PPM:
Solution pH:
Pests:

hi everyone again.... yea i should give more details. it is OG kush xtrm and plant with soil in 3 gal pot. it is growing in week 4 of flowering stage. the size of the tent is 2m x 1.5m x 1.5m with 6 inches extracting fan ( i dont know the rate of airflow ) and 2 10inches cooling fan inside. temperature is around 80, humidity is 50-60. i use 900w led and feed with GH nutrient. now i mfollowing the GH feeding schedule at 1550 ppm at 5.7ph

hi everyone again.... yea i should give more details. it is OG kush xtrm and plant with soil in 3 gal pot. it is growing in week 4 of flowering stage. the size of the tent is 2m x 1.5m x 1.5m with 6 inches extracting fan ( i dont know the rate of airflow ) and 2 10inches cooling fan inside. temperature is around 80, humidity is 50-60. i use 900w led and feed with GH nutrient. now i mfollowing the GH feeding schedule at 1550 ppm at 5.7ph
Wow.....

They look great, but usually a soil grow get's a pH of 6.1 - 6.9. Interesting. You may want to raise your feeding to 6.4 or so.

But I have to admit, I'm a growing noob....

I'm just regurgitating what I've read and have been told.

I can't speak for soil as I don't grow cannabis in it. I use coco/perlite, with GH Flora trio at half the label strength. The water is pH adjusted to 5.8 from seedling through veg and to 6.2 during flowering. I water/feed daily or more often.

From experience gardening and growing potted flowers, in a soil grow many of the nutrients are supplied from the soil itself. What brand of soil are you using? Did you check the pH of the soil? Did you add any amendments to it, or are you just using the GH? What you have appears to be a nutrient deficiency or lockout. Increasing the nutrients without knowing the cause can do more harm than good. That's why I'm asking these questions.

Back
Top Bottom