Help!, Bottom Leaves Yellow

holymoly

Plant is about 6 weeks old, a couple days ago the bottom leaves started turning yellow and dry out but the veins stayed green. Now the viens are turning yellow too and its spreading upwards to the next set of leaves.
its an indoor soil plant i have a two part nutrience supplament part A is 2-0-2 part B is 0-1-3. i think its nitrogen deficency but im not sure. how do i fix this problem.

IMG-20120724-00087.jpg

IMG-20120724-00086.jpg

I would guess that she was over fed nitro and lacking cal/mag. See how your leafs are turning up at the edges in pic #2 Along with the plant looking like it's pointing up at the top of the plant, those are both signs of a cal/mag def. I would bet that there is some slight purpling in the viens in the stems somewhere on this plant. Another sign of cal/mag def
5-10ml cal/mag per gallon will usually solve that problem.
Yellowing and dropping of lower leafs with the deep dark green would say to me that this plant has been over fed maybe under or over watered. IMO To feed this plant anything other than h20 or (maybe something like supperthrive or hygrozme) might not be the best idea. At least not for another couple of weeks.
That's my old stoner with a new puter opinion, from two pics I see on my puter screen.
Good luck
HBF

If it was nitrogen defeciency a large majority of other fan/shade leafs will be turning pale green/yellow by now.

Old leafs die at the base of plant its a fact of life which very little can be done about.

The fan leaf with yellowing occuring between leaf vains is more likely Mg -magnesium defeciency... calcium/magnesium nutrient feed will help, epsom salts is another good source of magnesium which can be purchased from most good chemists or get a good micro nutrient solution as addittional nutrient feed for your plants.

Also looks like you got a slight bit of heat stress going on by the way the edges of leafs are curling up !

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom