Bout to Buy A HOOD

Wickedrebel

Ok. I have a 400w lumatek ballast and i want to grow 4-5 plants in a big closet(6X6X8) . What size hood should i purchase? I found a SUN SYSTEM SUPER SUN 2 REFLECTOR LIGHT(Dimensions: 26.25 in long x 13 in wide x 8 in tall) or the Sun System Cool Sun XL Reflector HPS & MH 8" Air-Cooled (Dimensions: 25.25in. L x 23.25in. W x 9.25 in. T) Should i get the bigger one or the smaller newer one? Should i get 8" or 6" cool system.. The 8 is cheaper for some reason? I know that the smaller one will concentrate the light closer and the bigger one will spread the light out more. But i dont want to spread the light too much. Is the XL too big for my setup or just fine? Any help would be great. thanks

I haven't been that impressed with my air cooled hood. I prefer a big 4 feet parabolic .like the Vertizontal reflector. You can go with the smaller hoods but you really need a motorized light mover to make them work good.

Yeah, I was worried about to much light hitting the walls when the light could be more concentrated on the plants. I plan on using a carbon filter and running it through the light and outside of my closet. With 2 isolating fans circulating air inside. that should bring down temps. or does that not work as well as they say they do?

Back
Top Bottom