Need some help finding an aircooled reflector that is More Wide Than it is Long

simondetroit

My room is set up using 3 aero/nft systems. I'm currently using this hood Sunlight Supply: SUN SYSTEM® COOL SUN REFLECTOR™ - 6 inch AIR COOLED [904150] - Reflectors & Parts - Lighting Systems - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source. It works o.k but I'm about to buy another hood next week and want to find something that is "wider" than the one I have which is 24 inches wdie and 20.5 inches long. The reason for this is the setup in my room. In order to vent correctly the vent holes need to be flowing accross the shorter length. I know there is some monster xxxl hoods out there but they are extremely high to ship because of their large size (LTL shipping) . I don't really want to spend more than $180 on the hood. I will be using them with 600 watt HPS. I did find this one Sun System / Sunlight Supply: Great White 6 inch Air-Cooled Reflector [904500] - Reflectors & Parts - Lighting Systems - Gardening & Hydroponics Store - Horticulture Source It's about 185.00 with shipping. Dont know if the all white interior of the reflector (only 90%?) will matter much, but I am concerned having a reflector that is 32 1/2" long with a 600 watt bulb might make weaken the output just to gain 2" on the width side?

My room is set up using 3 aero/nft systems. I'm currently using this hood Sunlight Supply: SUN SYSTEM® COOL SUN REFLECTOR - 6 inch AIR COOLED [904150] - Reflectors & Parts - Lighting Systems - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source. It works o.k but I'm about to buy another hood next week and want to find something that is "wider" than the one I have which is 24 inches wdie and 20.5 inches long. The reason for this is the setup in my room. In order to vent correctly the vent holes need to be flowing accross the shorter length. I know there is some monster xxxl hoods out there but they are extremely high to ship because of their large size (LTL shipping) . I don't really want to spend more than $180 on the hood. I will be using them with 600 watt HPS. I did find this one Sunlight Supply: Great White 6 inch Air-Cooled Reflector [904500] - Reflectors & Parts - Lighting Systems - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source It's about 185.00 with shipping. Dont know if the all white interior of the reflector (only 90%?) will matter much, but I am concerned having a reflector that is 32 1/2" long with a 600 watt bulb might make weaken the output just to gain 2" on the width side?

Well if you are going to spend 185 bucks why not got 240 and buy a light mover to run up and down the length of the nft channel's.Not only will this disperse the light more evenly it will also give the results of having more then 1 light

Well if you are going to spend 185 bucks why not got 240 and buy a light mover to run up and down the length of the nft channel's.Not only will this disperse the light more evenly it will also give the results of having more then 1 light

Thanks dude, I'm sorry I wasnt really clear. Each flowering unit will have it's own 600 watt HPS above. It's just difficult because essentially all air the needs to flow the opposite direction as the light footprint I really need/desire. Most (air cooled) hoods are designed to be more long than they are wide unfortunantely. I think that Great White (32" long x 26" wide) reflector will do the job, I'm just not sure if it will be effecient enough with a 600 watt bulb. I think those big reflestors are better suited for a 1000 watt setup?:peace: I think I'll put a seperate post out just to get opinions on "If this hood is too big for a 600 watt setup". Thanks Again

Back
Top Bottom