Broken Branches

HigherDrifter

Three branches gave out on the youngest Mystery Queen. It did get kinda windy yesterday.

Not too concerned about it.

Yes, I probably shoulda used some Gardener's Tape to secure them to the main stalk, but...like I said, I'm not too concerned about it.

Buds may not turn out to be very potent (?) - only 4~5 weeks of development, but should provide some interesting smoke.

BrokenBranches_1.jpg

BrokenBranches_2.jpg

BrokenBranches_3.jpg

Dang "broken branch" buds are gonna cook some.

Too damn hot right now to be drying buds.

The "oldest" Mystery Queen's getting heavy with buds. Hope she doesn't pull an Indica on me and ripen too early.

Shit - too damn hot to be drying buds...:phew::laughtwo:

No, you won't get high, maybe oxygen deprivation followed by a light buzz from the 0.1mg of THC you might be inhaling. You'd have to be a noob to smoking in order to feel anything worthwhile.

Whatever I do wind up with will be better than all this nasty tobacco I've been smokin lately - I think I'm back up to 6 rollies a day again. I aint gonna stick any of my buds in the sun like I did last year.

Them broken branch buds are gonna dry quick enough in this 104 degrees F heat with10% humidity...

A week...

Maybe sooner...I sure TF hope not.

Ive harvested early before and been pleasantly surprised with the results, mind you not that early. You loose out on yield big time but I know thats not your biggest concern :)

Quite interesting, I never knew you guys had rollies in the US, despite spending quite alot of time there over the years.

thanks for the post higherdrifter, your always up to something a little unusual.
:thumb:

Quite interesting, I never knew you guys had rollies in the US, despite spending quite alot of time there over the years.

Rollies...as in hand-rolled cigarettes (tobacco). Been rollin my own for years.

your always up to something a little unusual.

Hmmm...:hmmmm:...really now.

Never occured to me that I'm always up to something a little unusual. :)

Weird.

the buds have only just began to develop there is no bud structure yet,
you harvested about a month too early, the hairs havent even began turning amber yet

Rollies...as in hand-rolled cigarettes (tobacco). Been rollin my own for years.

Hmmm...:hmmmm:...really now.

Never occured to me that I'm always up to something a little unusual. :)

Weird.

Yeah, we have rollies over here too, I just assumed the expression 'rollie' was a british thing, silly me.

I only meant you were up to something unusual in a good way. :) After all, the last time I saw you you were trying to get pollen from a pretty sorry looking male cutting (to great success i should add) and dont tell me THIS isnt slightly unusual lol

all the best man :bongrip:

After all, the last time I saw you you were trying to get pollen from a pretty sorry looking male cutting (to great success i should add) and dont tell me THIS isnt slightly unusual lol

Oh yeah, huh. Unfortunately, it turned out to be not very successful when the male started dropping his buds; I buried it not long afterwards.

I reckon it was slightly unusual, but, I have seen pictures of other people doing that. Only thing is, they chopped the male when the buds were split open quite a bit and getting close to dropping pollen; I chopped mine WAY too early - I mean the buds couldn't have been more than a week or two into development; I should have waited at least another 2~3 weeks when the buds were more defined and splitting open. Was my first try at it...

Dammit!

Had to chop two low hangin branches off of the "oldest" female (buds are near 6 weeks in) now.

My friend left the water dripping on the grapes again ALL NIGHT. The area within a 5 foot radius is saturated with water. So happens my Queen's within that 5 foot radius and she's been soaking it up.

She's getting heavy with buds, and now she's gettin kinda heavy with water now too - that's why I had to chop those 2 lower branches. The area near the main trunk had already started to snap. Another few hours and they would have totally gave way and would be lying on the ground.

Buds are lookin really nice though...

BrokenBranches_7.jpg
BrokenBranches_5.jpg
BrokenBranches_4.jpg
BrokenBranches_8.jpg
BrokenBranches_9.jpg
BrokenBranches_6.jpg

They potent :yummy:

I smoked a test bud from 2 days ago, and...

They potent :yummy: indeed.

:)

Been busy with the trimmin...

Dang it.

Was hopin to get my drying room done today.

Don't have all these (so far) broken branches trimmed enough yet. Might have them all done by the end of today...dunno.

BrokenBranches_13.jpg
BrokenBranches_14.jpg
BrokenBranches_10.jpg
BrokenBranches_11.jpg
BrokenBranches_12.jpg
BrokenBranches_15.jpg

No, you won't get high, maybe oxygen deprivation followed by a light buzz from the 0.1mg of THC you might be inhaling. You'd have to be a noob to smoking in order to feel anything worthwhile.

Well, for someone who's not exactly a noob (I've been smokin it for 20 years) it sure did give me a good lift. Plucked a few dry lookin (still kinda wet) buds of the "younger" Queens broken branches. Stuck 'em in my pipe and smoked 'em. Took some heat - woulda been nice if I had an oxy-acetylene torch :laughtwo: - but, I got it hot enough to get a good smoke. Took 3~4 hits, but...it got me more than lightly buzzed. Won't get me high, huh? Sure felt like it to me. I'm still feeling it and I smoked it about an hour ago. Good cerebral and body high for immature bud: :)

I only kept less than a handful of the @4~5 weeks buds. Threw the broken branches in the compost/mulch pit.

Still have the @6 weeks buds/branches hangin outside.

But, I've got about a handful of buds in an old-style butter dish and sitting on the counter. Most of them are from the @6 weeks buds...

DryingBuds_1.jpg
DryingBuds_2.jpg

My young nuggets are smokable now. Wouldn't hurt to be a bit drier. I'll give them another day before I stick 'em in a jar.

Packed up a bowl and smoked it down.

Wow.

The effects are more Indica right now. THC might be on the low side, though I am getting a good head-lift out of it :trance: Flavor wasn't all that bad either. Fact it's pleasantly surprising. Beats the stuff I've been smokin lately, that's for sure.:)

Hmmm :hmmmm:

Need to keep an eye on those Queens a lot more.

Odd. Premature buds give a more "sativa-like" affect than mature ones (even in an indica).

But anyway... If a branch is only partially broken or split - IOW, not laying on the ground completely separated from the plant - you can tape/splint it tightly back into place and sometimes the plant will heal enough to continue normally. If you have additional damage in the future, you might wish to try this.

Additionally, packing the wound area with some kind of moist medium (as in air layering) can often cause roots to grow there while the remaining "connection" continues to supply nutrients to the branch in question. After roots grow, the branch can be safely cut free and planted. Admittedly, it's "a little bit" late in the year to be planting clones outdoors, but it might be something to remember for future years in case this happens earlier in the growing season.

And sorry to read about your loss.

Odd. Premature buds give a more "sativa-like" affect than mature ones (even in an indica).

I didn't leave the buds on the branches for very long after I trimmed...just a few hours, and they've been sitting in that butter dish (uncovered, exposed to air and light) ever since.

I dunno. I reckon there's too low THC content right now for "sativa-like"...since they are quite young...??? As the bud matures so does THC levels rise?

What about Cannabidiols CBD's) content levels? Do they also increase in levels as the bud matures?

Could be what little THC present has partially migrated into Cannabinol (CBN)...???

***Cannabidiols and Cannabinols confuse the hell out of me sometimes. I mean I know what they are as chemical compounds and their relation to the plants themselves and to THC and what not, it's just their effects on the human chemistry appear very similar to me.***

Rolled up a nice jay last night. Burned really good and smoked really nice. Gave me a high-stone, stoney-high, whatever you call it. I smoked about half the joint before I doused it. Came back in the house, had Kee Kee (kinda like my cat...ya know?) meowing in my ear "Feed me, feed me dammit", but, I was too stoned...I just wanted to lay there and go to sleep, and I was asleep not long afterwards.

Additionally, packing the wound area with some kind of moist medium (as in air layering) can often cause roots to grow there while the remaining "connection" continues to supply nutrients to the branch in question. After roots grow, the branch can be safely cut free and planted. Admittedly, it's "a little bit" late in the year to be planting clones outdoors, but it might be something to remember for future years in case this happens earlier in the growing season.

This kinda stuff doen't interest me in the least.

And sorry to read about your loss.

I don't even consider it a loss, at least nothing I'm concerned about. Gonna have plenty of bud...

I look at it more of a gain - of experience and some knowledge. Heck, I even got some good smokable bud out of it, so I'm not feelin down about it really. Yeah, I was kinda upset at first, more at my friend for leaving the water on like that a second time after I had already talked to him about it. But, ultimately, it was a good thing. I'm kinda jazzed with how things have turned out so far

I dunno. I reckon there's too low THC content right now for "sativa-like"...since they are quite young...??? As the bud matures so does THC levels rise?

Might be something to that. Never sampled buds that immature. The ratios between the various actives might be a little FUBAR. If that's the case, I wouldn't know what to expect in the way of an effect profile.

The ratios between the various actives might be a little FUBAR. If that's the case, I wouldn't know what to expect in the way of an effect profile.

FUBAR :rofl: I had to look it up to find out what you meant :rofl: Modern Language I reckon :rofl:

I understand what you're sayin though.

As far as a profile, pfffff - I don't care. Burns good, smokes good, feels good. I'm just making good with what's happened so far. Don't get me wrong - as good as this young bud are I'm not going start harvesting the rest of my buds this early.

FUBAR :rofl: I had to look it up to find out what you meant :rofl: Modern Language I reckon :rofl:

Yup. Earliest reference in print that I know of is 1944. Military term, but it has become mainstream.

Others that you might encounter are BOHICA (don't know when that one was first mentioned), TARFU (ditto), SNAFU (September, 1941), and SUSFU (ditto).

Burns good, smokes good, feels good. I'm just making good with what's happened so far. Don't get me wrong - as good as this young bud are I'm not going start harvesting the rest of my buds this early.

Well, there you go. That's what counts, right?

Back
Top Bottom