Brown spots caused by HPS?

noobie97

I have a plant thats been growing kinda slow..just from some bagseed.

It was under 120 something watts of cfl, but I recently added a 70w HPS with a reflector. The reflector puts out the light evenly except for the middle which is noticably brighter than the rest of the light coming out.

Well, shortly after putting on the HPS I've noticed little brown spots on the leaves. At first I thought it could have been from water droplets on the leaves burning it, but that's not why. Could it be from hot spots from the lamp? Or could the light just be too close?

Thanks guys:allgood:

a 70w doesn't need to be 16 inches... but a good 8-10"... what is your reflector made out of?

probably powder coated sheet metal. just back ur light up a bit more if its burnin period. just a good rule of thumb. better the plant reach for light than burning.

Do those brown spots almost appear speckled on the leaves and visible even on the underside of them? Also, is there slight browning/yellowing around the edges on any leaves? Reason I ask this is a similar occurrence happened to one of my plants after a few light mistings a couple days ago.

1. How close is the plant to the light?

2. Do you have a fan to circulate air through your growroom?

3. Is their aluminum foil anywhere in your growroom?

4. Have you been adding any extra fert. to you plants recently?

It's like 10 inches away, I don't have a fan to cirulate but I do have a computer fan sucking air out with a passive intake. It's cool in there, like 70's. No aluminum foil, and I added some fert but a very low dose, I don't think that's it.

I did notice some small bugs though, thats what im suspecting is doing it.

Back
Top Bottom