Browning tips?

Scnsty

My baby's new growth tips are browning, this is slymball growing in soil. Her name SASHA.

I see other people post on the situation but being a newbie to growing I thought I would ask the 420 crew what they think? I will feed my plant either Monday or Tuesday.

20210418_175153.jpg

20210418_175129.jpg

20210418_173728.jpg

First take a look at this please. How to ask for grow support

Tipping = nute burn and this can come from a hot soil even if you have not added nutes, but that browning looks like more than tipping.

We always need more info - if you only give a little info people are reluctant to help... What kind of soil? Do you adjust ph? What value on ph? Are you using cal-mag? What kind of nutes? How much water do you give in one session? How long do you wait until the next watering session? What’s your temp & rh? What kind of floor is under your grow space.... concrete can cause issues even if covered with carpet or hardwood? Tile can cause cold feet too

Not all tip "burn" is overfeeding or hot soil... sometimes it is actually indicating a problem. I notice along with that tip problem you have some yellowing in the top growth and a color in the veins that I don't like, indicating possible multiple problems. @013 asked some very good questions that will get us some clues as to what is happening... I suspect pH being the issue at the moment, but please answer all of the previous questions.

I'm so sorry about lack of information.
1. Indoor growing. On carpet in tent.
2. Tranfered seedling into potting soil which i was told was cheep and not good to use. I bought it from Wal-Mart. Leason learned.
3. I water every 3 to 4 days with ph6.5
I will adjust my ph to 6.3.
When watering i wait to see it flow threw bottom. I plan on feeding her once a week. Is that

4. Temp in grow tent 85 lights on 80 light off
5. I feed her once using flora grow and cal mag.
I mixed the soup very weak for 1st feed. I also screwed up by adding cal mag last and not 1st

6. 658 moles of light. 18hrs on 6 off
If you can suggest anything I would appreciate it.
I will try to cool soil by covering a portion of it with tin foil. Or do you have any other ideas? Maybe I should move my fan closer.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions

Not all tip "burn" is overfeeding or hot soil... sometimes it is actually indicating a problem. I notice along with that tip problem you have some yellowing in the top growth and a color in the veins that I don't like, indicating possible multiple problems. @013 asked some very good questions that will get us some clues as to what is happening... I suspect pH being the issue at the moment, but please answer all of the previous questions.
Thank you for your response.
I changed ph to 6.3. Do you think that is too high or low?
I responding to all the why are questions, if that will help
I am planning on feeding her tomorrow. Any suggestions

Thank you for your response.
I changed ph to 6.3. Do you think that is too high or low?
I responding to all the why are questions, if that will help
I am planning on feeding her tomorrow. Any suggestions
6.3 is the perfect pH to set your fluids to while growing in soil.
I'm so sorry about lack of information.
1. Indoor growing. On carpet in tent.
2. Tranfered seedling into potting soil which i was told was cheep and not good to use. I bought it from Wal-Mart. Leason learned.
3. I water every 3 to 4 days with ph6.5
I will adjust my ph to 6.3.
When watering i wait to see it flow threw bottom. I plan on feeding her once a week. Is that

4. Temp in grow tent 85 lights on 80 light off
5. I feed her once using flora grow and cal mag.
I mixed the soup very weak for 1st feed. I also screwed up by adding cal mag last and not 1st

6. 658 moles of light. 18hrs on 6 off
If you can suggest anything I would appreciate it.
I will try to cool soil by covering a portion of it with tin foil. Or do you have any other ideas? Maybe I should move my fan closer.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions
a few comments on these answers... you should water when the plants tell you it is time, not on a regular schedule. If you are doing this right, the time between waterings changes, depending on the strength of the roots. Look up the "lift the pot" method of telling when it is time to water. You should feed every other time in soil. Soil has the ability to hold some of the nutes for later, so when you come in the next time with properly pH adjusted water, the nutes that have been left over become reactivated and available to the plant. You should probably not use calmag until your plant shows that you need it. Extra magnesium in the soil can lock out other needed nutrients. Lastly, you made me laugh with your answer about the hot soil. Our friend didn't mean that it was physically hot, he was talking about maybe it having too many nutrients in it for a young plant. Too rich of soil can burn a new plant up. This does not appear to be the problem, for that comes along with leaf clawing and all sorts of nasty ugly stuff... it ain't happening here.

Thank you for your input.
I find that the plant is dry after 3 to 4 days. I also use the lift the pot technique.
Please fill me in on cal mag.

I just told the guys at work about my hot soil mistake. Lol.

Tomorrow will be a feed day.
It will be my 2nd.
I will use flora grow nutrients and I will mix it according to the label on the back for Max grow would you have any suggestions?

Thank you for your input.
I find that the plant is dry after 3 to 4 days. I also use the lift the pot technique.
Please fill me in on cal mag.

I just told the guys at work about my hot soil mistake. Lol.

Tomorrow will be a feed day.
It will be my 2nd.
I will use flora grow nutrients and I will mix it according to the label on the back for Max grow would you have any suggestions?
sounds like a plan... let's see how it goes.

When you have a cal or a mag deficiency, it has classic symptoms that present themselves on the leaves. Calcium being a non mobile element in the plant, will show its symptoms in the top growth, while magnesium is semi mobile and its classic necrotic regions on the leaves will show up in the lower to mid plant almost at the same time. Until you have these symptoms, it is not appropriate to give a calmag supplement, because excess calcium or magnesium in the soil can lock out other nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom