Bud Rot - what should I do?

chazao

I mean, besides cry

I put my two tall plants in some stand so they can get the sun from the apartment window. That said, I keep close attention on both plants, but I'll admit the top of them is too high for me to exam so I let them there.

But today, after getting them out from my wardrobe, I get a surprise: Yellow leaf on top of one of them and this little mold area. What should I do? My pre-search said I have to cut down the affected parts and near ones, but this means I'll lost the whole top of it, right?

So, what is the recommended action?

Edit: further inspection and I seed really small spots on other buds. Pics to help

d718e3d0548e4cc99656bc51703c1a18.png

d415d92a8acb4408b3b379aebf87477c.png

Just remove all the affected areas. Try to do everything you can to avoid spreading it further, by contact or spores puffing out. I wouldn't remove anything that's just 'close by' -I'd leave it. But it's important to look very throuroghly. Spread open the buds to check the centres. Anything that has the slightest discolouration should be removed. Bigger buds usually get it first.

The number one way to prevent mold is have lots of air flow. If you have a fan or two blowing air around the plants you can usually keep it at bay even in high humidity.

I throw away anything moldy, but use some parts for hash if they're only barely affected (not rotting or visibly sporing-just starting to discolour slightly at the edge). Especially a method like qwiso hash should remove only the resin. Others would throw away the plants completely. Some people are adamant about bud mold being deadly. IMO it's not at all but for some reason it's something that a few people get quite worked up about. Good luck. ;)

Cutted down the affected parts, even with the slightest sign of the white powder mold. The nearest buds are smelling bad bud I looked them and found no signs of mold. Should I discard these buds too, by the bad smell?

I'm getting really sad, I'm scared to lost all the plant, it's almost harvesting time, so is it better to just chop it off and start to dry it? I read water cure can help, is it true?

but use some parts for hash if they're only barely affected (not rotting or visibly sporing-just starting to discolour slightly at the edge).

Actually the first signs I see is the white powder-web like. Really small spots except the top. Is it too late to use it? I'll read about it's deadlyness before doing hash with it, but thanks for suggesting :]

That sounds like powdery mildew maybe (?). Which I'm not familiar with. Can be treated with a milk spray from what I read.
What you're describing is not the bud rot I'm used to, which is gray mold.
I'll let you be the judge of what to use and what not to use. As long as you can remove it all and improve the climate then it should be fine. If you can't change the climate for the better (better air flow, reduced humidity) then it will probably keep spreading.
It's about 5am here so I'm going to go offline but good luck and if you post pics some other people might have some ideas about how to help you .

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

That sounds like powdery mildew maybe (?).

It is not, these white web-like spots I meant happens to appear just on the buds, and in the bigger ones. I want to emphasize the smell is really strange on the rot nearest buds, but I dont see the rot.

And I also can't change the humidity and air flow right now, that is why i'm scared to let it finish ripe as I can lose it all.

I see my options like:
1) chop down and water cure the smelly ones, air cure the normal ones. (I don't know if water cure is safe to do with bud rotted plant)
2) chop down and make oil with the smelly buds, water or air cure the others (I don't know if its safe to make hash with it)
3) trash all the smelly strange buds and let it finish ripening (risk to spread the rot)

Please someone give me the divine light

I honestly don't think you can expect it to go away unless the environment improves. There are sprays and some people burn sulphur to kill and prevent mold. I haven't used those methods.
I'm not sure what you're dealing with. I haven't ever experienced what you're describing though I'm very familiar with bud rot. Also not sure what you mean by a water cure. Bud washing perhaps? Not a bad idea.
If it smells bad and 'wrong' then probably your best option is to remove it and (after washing if you do ) get it dry asap (cut it up into smaller pieces before drying) and decide later whether there's going to be any use for it.

I honestly don't think you can expect it to go away unless the environment improves. There are sprays and some people burn sulphur to kill and prevent mold. I haven't used those methods.
I'm not sure what you're dealing with. I haven't ever experienced what you're describing though I'm very familiar with bud rot. Also not sure what you mean by a water cure. Bud washing perhaps? Not a bad idea.
If it smells bad and 'wrong' then probably your best option is to remove it and (after washing if you do ) get it dry asap (cut it up into smaller pieces before drying) and decide later whether there's going to be any use for it.

Yeah, I'll chop it down today :/
It is bud rot, I think mine is just on initial phase, that is why just the top got grey, the buds under the top are like just white mold as it started a day ago or so. Its like pistil size mold, didn't appear on cellphone cam.

Back
Top Bottom