Bud Trimmer

AZ007

Anyone know where to get a cheap bud trimmer vacuum attachment? I heard of them, but when i searched it up online i found this ridiculous bud trimmer for 1500 dollars, im like wtf? lol But ive heard of a really cheap one that u attach to your home vacuum and its supposed to work wonders.

Hi Stoner2b,

I've heard of people using the "flo-be" (SP?) haircutting machine as a bud trimmer, but have not actually tried it myself or witnessed one being used. May have seen a youtube vidoe of someone using it, but that memory is fuzzy at best. Good luck and please post anything you find. I'm very curious about this as well.

Be well.

Hi Stoner2b,

I've heard of people using the "flo-be" (SP?) haircutting machine as a bud trimmer, but have not actually tried it myself or witnessed one being used. May have seen a youtube vidoe of someone using it, but that memory is fuzzy at best. Good luck and please post anything you find. I'm very curious about this as well.

Be well.

Sounds good u do the same, the thing i saw was from this video i watched a long time ago

How to grow top quality Weed - Part 3 - YouTube

Skip it all the way to 3:12mins, u will see him switching from using a pair of scissors to the vac attachment.

this is what it looks like, but i cant find any pricing information on it nor where to buy it

shredder_aardvark.jpg

Wow, that's funny! I saw the exact same video (also a long time ago) and also searched for this device. Like you the only thing I could find was redicously priced and I think that it was then that I stumbled across a youtube of someone using a flo-be. I'm not sure I'm spelling that right but it's the haircutting vacuum attachment thing.

At the time I saw the video above, I didn't really know much about indoor growing. Still have a long way to go in the learning curve, but at least now I know enough to realize that the guy in this video spent a shit ton of money for this set up. The version I saw was a lot longer and it shows him going from a bare room, installing all the equipment, through the harvest.

I did find a UK company that appears to still be selling the aardvark but it's still a little expensive at 265 pounds (roughly $400 US) plus shipping. skunk nation -> cheap mint skunk

Sorry I can't be more help but would be interested if you find a reasonably priced alternative.

Every one that I've seen is VERY expensive. One that is just like the Ardvark except it uses a spiral razor blade and a special dremal type motor was also very expensive.

I saw one guy that had a wiper blade spinning on a motor with a bbq grid over it and it seemed to kinda work.

I'm working on a homemade auto trimmer myself, I'll post up some pics when I get it done.

I'm looking at a reel blade from a push lawn mower, driven by a belt with an adjustable grid sitting in a plastic bucket with a vac attachment.

I was looking at the hair trimmer type blade setup, but thought a curved blade would be better and easy to sharpen.

The real expensive ones use a propeller type blade, but those can get wobbley if not balanced perfectly.

I'll take pics and show the whole project in the next few weeks, I've got a 26 plant harvest coming up and I spent 20 hours trimming last time... don't want to spend 60 hours this time.

Yea i feel you man, thats too much trimming to do is crazy, and i dont get how these things r ridiculously overpriced like that

This is the way business works:

State legal MJ growing caused a flood of people growing. This caused all kinds of equipment and supplies being sold. In business your goal is to charge as much as you can. When cell phones 1st became popular, the prices were unreal. I paid nearly a grand for a phone in the 90's few years later, better smaller phones where $39.

Not many are making bud trimmers. They are no more complex than a chainsaw, weedeater, or microwave... It's just a spinning blade and a vacuum in a drum.

It's $100 worth of parts, selling for $1500 ... that's why I'm making my own.

I'm just kinda stuck in what kind of blade to use. I can't find a supplier for spirial razor blades, so the reel blade in a lawn mower might be the answer.

This is the way business works:

State legal MJ growing caused a flood of people growing. This caused all kinds of equipment and supplies being sold. In business your goal is to charge as much as you can. When cell phones 1st became popular, the prices were unreal. I paid nearly a grand for a phone in the 90's few years later, better smaller phones where $39.

Not many are making bud trimmers. They are no more complex than a chainsaw, weedeater, or microwave... It's just a spinning blade and a vacuum in a drum.

It's $100 worth of parts, selling for $1500 ... that's why I'm making my own.

I'm just kinda stuck in what kind of blade to use. I can't find a supplier for spirial razor blades, so the reel blade in a lawn mower might be the answer.

Sounds good good luck with that man and keep us posted lol. But if u look carefully at the aardvark it looks very simple, what it looks like to me is they closed the tip, so instead of pulling air from the tip, is now pulling from the side, where they made that new hole (u can see in the pic), and simply attached a razor to it, and with such little space on the side, i guess only the leaves gets sucked in, and plucked off by the razor, and the buds stays nice, and intact. Im try to make one myself whenever i get the chance.

I have a "Trim Reaper", 1500.00 bucks. Seems to work well but im concerned about bud damage. Some have told me I am damaging the bud and breaking the trich off. Whada you think?

One of the concerns I had was damage to the bud. If you look at the barrel trimmers with a spinning blade, they dump the buds in there and they get a pretty close trimming. When I hand trimmed mine, I tried to reach in a nip the base of the leaves as close as I could on the 5 leaves and about 1/2 the 3 leaves because the 3 leaves were pretty frosty.

I don't know if a machine can compare to careful hand trimming, but dam 20 hours for 10 plants, and now I have 26 plants near ready. That could be 40 to 60 hours of trimming!

With the design I'm thinking of, you'd hold the bud with both hands and can push it into the cutter. The cutter would be nothing but a blade and a vacuum with a grid covering it. So you should have pretty good control.

Back
Top Bottom