Building First Stealthy Grow Box, Need Help

planomania

I've just recently gotten into the idea of setting up a grow box to see if I can grow a plant or two. I have an idea of what I'm going to do, I just need some input or advice. I'll give some background as to my plans, materials, and whatever else.

1. For the box itself - I'm probably going to use a rubbermaid tote; usually everyone has a few in their attic or basement or just around in general. Not exactly sure how big it'll be. Also, I'll be lining it with Mylar from emergency blankets.
  2. My lights are going to be 23 watt (100 watt equivalent) CFLs. Home Depot has exactly what I'm looking for. I'll be using 6 5000k daylight bulbs for the veg and then 8 2700k soft white bulbs for flowering.
  3. The plants growing will be from some bag seed that I've had for awhile. I want two grow two inside my grow box with the amount of lights I have. I'll start about 7 of them, put two in the box, and move the rest somewhere else.

What I do want to ask is how to hide the scent of my box (living with parents still, moving out by the end of this year though). Also, is there anything I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom