Burping your jars?

Stoned Redneck

I use qt jars to store my weed.I vacuum seal them ...Do i need to worry about burping them still ? I would think in a vacuum there would be no chance to grow mold? When the buds just snap off i call them ready ..Any thoughts ,Thanks

Thanks..is there a section on curing ? i couldn't find it ?

The burping is to release off-gassing chlorophyll...not mold prevention.

The oldest I got vac pac'd is from 9/2018. Couple of boveda packs and they lookin good.
Ah, yes, September of last year. Rolled one up yesterday from a jar with that date on it.;)

I don't vacuum pack the jars. Never had much luck vacuum sealing canning jars; I have the set-up with the vacuum and the part to put on the jar. After a month of opening the jar every day for a month I put the Boveda pack in and screw the lid down snug. Somewhere in the root cellar is a jar of whatever is left from a plant I harvested in October of 2017.

I can't seem to keep weed around long enough to necessitate vacuum packing or storage any long term kind of way.

My master plan is to reduce the shit down to the point where I can consume it, and store it all in my brain.
Everyone needs to have goals?! :lot-o-toke:

The burping is to release off-gassing chlorophyll...not mold prevention.
Live n learn .. thank you

Ah, yes, September of last year. Rolled one up yesterday from a jar with that date on it.;)

I don't vacuum pack the jars. Never had much luck vacuum sealing canning jars; I have the set-up with the vacuum and the part to put on the jar. After a month of opening the jar every day for a month I put the Boveda pack in and screw the lid down snug. Somewhere in the root cellar is a jar of whatever is left from a plant I harvested in October of 2017.
Hmmmmm .. I got a deal that Vacuum packs them . I had 8 plants this year and of field weed that’s a lot . And burping all tho see jars ... just hoping to not worry about that Process. But like I have said before .. you mean I have to do it “ the right way” hahaha

Attachments

• 27E5D766-9D8C-4B37-B34C-B5B12233A209.jpeg
    27E5D766-9D8C-4B37-B34C-B5B12233A209.jpeg
    935.2 KB · Views: 91
Hmmmmm .. I got a deal that Vacuum packs them . I had 8 plants this year and of field weed that’s a lot . And burping all tho see jars ... just hoping to not worry about that Process. But like I have said before .. you mean I have to do it “ the right way” hahaha
I started using 3.5g buckets for the final dry and cure....soooooo much easier and convenient. I got the easy off lids and once a day I give the bucket a gentle toss and pop the lid off for a minute, fan in some clean air with the lid, pop lid back on. Some buckets are 1/4 full which is fine because it allows more air, but also manages dramatic shifts in RH. And they stack :cheesygrinsmiley:

I started using 3.5g buckets for the final dry and cure....soooooo much easier and convenient. I got the easy off lids and once a day I give the bucket a gentle toss and pop the lid off for a minute, fan in some clean air with the lid, pop lid back on. Some buckets are 1/4 full which is fine because it allows more air, but also manages dramatic shifts in RH. And they stack :cheesygrinsmiley:

well i guess i'm in the middle between qt jars and buckets full...i'm all set up with jars so i'll go with them this year.....so if you vacuum seal a jar you don't need to worry about burping them ? Thank you for the info .you got a good program going ...insert big thumbs up

Back
Top Bottom