Cabinet grow inside of my dresser

richgannon_2001

hey everyone, i am about to start my grow for this season, i am going to start my plants indoors in a converted dresser and then put them outside into corn fields when the corn is tall enough come maybe july 1st or somthin, i guess my question about the dresser is that i dont want any light leaking out of it but if i manage to pull that off would that mean the plants wouldnt be able to breathe? i was going to mount a small fan inside of the dresser blowing down on the plants to keep the air circulating but i was afraid it wouldnt be enough to support them, i guess im hoping that the small hole i cut in the back of my dresser will be big enough for some air to escape. id love to get some ideas from my fellow stoners, my goal is for my dresser to look normal from the outside not likje a grow cabinet lol

Make the doors light tight. A P-Trap (the elbow in the plumbing under your sink), or a hood from a dryer vent make decent light traps and will allow you to open up some ventilation for those babies.

See Links below. (links are just to pictures on the web, you can find this stuff cheap at your local hardware store.)

Spray paint the inside for light absorption. It's really the multiple 90degree turns that trap light, you'll get the idea.

These are just things I've used because they are cheap to get.
P_Trap.jpg

DRYER_VENT1.JPG

so if i install that P-Trap into the cabinet that should bring enough air in, thanks.....joe my space is approx 4 feet wide 2 feet deep and 4 feet tall, in each drawer i can fit 18 plants with the pots that i have bought, once the plants are a month or so old im going to sex them eliminate the males and top the females to hopefully end up with 40 plants to put out. i have about 20 seeds purchased from a seedbank

lol You won't be able to keep the guts to the drawer and still utilize it for growing purposes. Every person I've seen using a dresser for a box removes the drawer guts and attaches the drawer fronts to the face of the box in a attempt to disuise what's going on in the dresser. The drawers would end up making things to small to accomplish much more than germinating seed.

yah i know that lol im only using the bottom drawers and sealing the others up with hooks attached to the back of the drawer i can unhook to open the drawers and latch tight with some weatherstrip around the edges when i want to seal it, im going to conceal as much cords as possible inbetween the drawers

its in an air conditioned basement and the lights im using wont generate much heat i dont believe....wish me luck guys, all i need to do is block leaks

Back
Top Bottom