Cali Connection 818 Headband!

Musky is good. I get musk from the Dnet as well. Also sour fruit, but late in flower it is almost all skunk and chem.

Sorry, I meant 6 grams. Metric system. I use granular calmag. I don't mix in calmag with nutes. Are you using synth nutes or growing organic. Sorry... I forget.

Not getting any sour yet just skunky musk lol,.
I thought you must have ment grams, my calmag is liquid and o use bionova nutrients they claim alot of the additives are organic but not all. Is there any reason you don't mix it together?

Yeah, the sour fruit comes from the DMT (Sour Bubble BX3 IX1). The pheno I kept is mostly GG#4 though, and that sour fruit smell fades as flower progresses and gives way to the chem/diesel side of GG#4 parentage. It is some of the best smoke I've ever had. Slaps a smile on your face and melts your stress away. I can see why there is so much hype around GG#4. Taste and smell is phenomenal as well.

Calmag pushes EC up quite a bit. I got into the habit of cycling it rather than including it with every feed a while back already. I noticed good results, so I just kept at it. I tend to have a heavy hand with nutes, so a break from power feeding does the plants good as well and helps minimise salt buildup in the medium.

Hopefully she's got some nice gg#4 traits then, the musky smell must be what your talking about because I've personally never grown anything with a smell like it and the frost is pretty impressive so far. I've sorta gone the other way with feeding, I had a feeling I wasn't feeding enough last run so this run I've been feeding consecutively for 2-3 feeds and then a feed of plain water with calmag.
I did have to back off the other day though because I noticed a slight tip burn but they're fine now I think.
When I add 10ml calmag to 5litres, my ppms jump about 300. Is that too much or not enough? I been feeding these girls at 1400ppms last few feeds.

Yeah, my EC jumps about 0.4 - 0.5 when I add calmag. Not sure what that equates to in ppm though.

Cheers m8, so you reckon I should try just feeding the calmag on water days at a higher dose or just keep same dose and feed water days only? Sorry dude

I'm always hesitant to give out advice, because I have seen it backfire in the past. So I will tell you what I do, and then you can decide...

This is my second round with Dnet. First round was a little rough, but she finished reasonably well. This round is much better. Here is what I changed.

I grow in soil. First round I stuck almost entirely with biobizz organic nutes. Didn't use any calmag, just epsom salts and not much of that either. This round I still use biobizz and epsom in veg, but in flower I switch to salt nutrients (GH Flora Series) at 3 weeks of 12/12 and then treat the soil as if it were coco. So feeding every day, but on the 4th day I hit them hard with calmag and twice the volume of water, and then let them dry out on day 5. Day 6 I go back to feeding again. I pH down to 6 as well for feed and calmag. It is working much better. So now I have the ease of soil in veg, and the power and predictably of chem nutes in flower.

Hope that helps brother.

That sounds perfect mate,you've put some confidence in what I'm doing. I do a similar thing but I'll feed for 3-4 days and then do a plain water for one feed and carry on with the nutes, only difference is I've been mixing my calmag with my feed. I think I'll switch that to just my plain water and see how they react. Thanks m8 I appreciate the help.

What's up 420.
Couldnt post pics for a Saturday update so I'll post them up now.

Day 35 12/12.
Girls are steaming along, only issue is my pineapple kush has pushed out some nanners and possibly pollinated the royal gorilla.. not too fussed and kinda looking forward to having the beans as long as there isn't too many, other than that everything is looking pretty good.
I've been power feeding these girls for 5 weeks now feeding 3-4 times a week and they seem to be loving it, last season I wasn't feeding anywhere near as much and it's definitely made a massive difference.
Here's some pics.

Pinapple kush.

818 headband.

Royal gorilla.

Back
Top Bottom