Jgrowlove's 50 Fire Strain Hunt: 1000W HPS

If you turn them down the plants will grow right up to them and then stop stretch. :lot-o-toke:

Kinda defeats the purpose. lol

I've go a QB board in VEG the power supply is too hot to touch. You get any of that??

If you turn them down the plants will grow right up to them and then stop stretch. :lot-o-toke:

Kinda defeats the purpose. lol

I've go a QB board in VEG the power supply is too hot to touch. You get any of that??
Yes it's definitely too hot to touch the QB while it's on. I have nowhere to pull the branches too lol. So far they are doing ok. I think as long as I have air flowing between them and the light they can handle the heat. This heat wave is surely gonna test that!

Turned all my lamps down and my fans up! So far so good today. We hit 100F and it was freaking miserable outside. Plants dont seem to mind too much.

The fans help and the plants are drinking a SH$T TON of water. They doing +2gal per plant per day with the temps up.

Platinum Scout V2- 5 weeks in flower She's very tall "6 ft" in a 5 gallon fabric pot in the back right corner and getting frosty!!

Last Winter's Platinum Scout V2 harvest "different seed"

Platinum Scout V2 week 6 in flower.
Lower cola

Flash on

She stretches like a sativa but her nugs are dense and solid. Sticky as can be and terps are sweet but pretty mild so far compared to the Royal Gorilla. Top cola leaves are turning purple along the edges even with 65-85 degree temps. 4 water rooted clones as well. All which have been transplanted to cups of soil.
:ganjamon:

That's one full tent.. But they sure are looking mighty fine.. GL Jgrow Keepem Green

Nice J, I know you are using the Fox Farm Soils, but I cant remember the nutes you are using.

My friend just got back into growing using quantums and Fox Farm soil and his plants seem to be lacking the frost they should have in my opinion. Not much leaf frost like yours.

Thanks @Hash Hound honestly I think it's got more to do with the genetics and environment. I'm not using any fertilizers with the fox farms ocean forest soil. Only bottled cal mag once a week when I water. As long as I don't veg them for more than 8 weeks or so and keep providing fresh soil they usually look happy. I plan on running each new strain once without fertilizers to see how it turns out then I'll maybe find something organic to add to the soil for it's clones. Right now im just up-potting a week before i flower with new fresh soil.

Wow - thats freaking awesome J.

Man I know that looks totally freaking beauty.

Gonna be some good meds. Real good.

Congrats on your grow.

What panels are you running for lights?

Flower Tent Update-

Pulled down the Platinum Scout V2 at 8 weeks and so far the testers are pretty potent! Smells very danky/earthy but sweet as well.

I have 5 plants in the 4x4 for now with the biggest one being the RQS Royal Gorilla at 11 weeks in flower (back left). I have 2 HSO Chemdawg's in flower now at 4 weeks (front middle) and 6 weeks (back right). Both are from seed. I just put 2 RQS Royal Cookies in flower (front left and right)

Other than a new thrip outbreak everything is going well. "Knock on wood" @bobrown14 these all the HLG 550 V2 I believe they are 3000k. I feel like it could cover a 5x5. I have light burn on the tall colas that are under the light. Even with it turned down some it still is pretty hot 6 inches under it where some buds were. Definitely producing some top shelf meds tho!

Platinum Scout V2

Flower Tent Update-
The Royal Gorilla (back left) was taken down after 13 weeks in flower and still could have went longer which was surprising since my last seed only took 10 weeks to finish. She wasnt a looker being so close to the lights and she was really fluffy but she was frosty. Not too bad for a water only grow I guess.

Two weeks ago
IMG_20190818_005412.jpg

Present
Now I have 4 plants in the tent. Two RQS Royal Cookies 3 weeks in flower (front left, back left) and 2 HSO Chemdawg's (front right 6 weeks, back right 9 weeks)

IMG_20190830_195125.jpg

Royal Cookies Clones 3 weeks in flower finishes in 7-8

IMG_20190910_194022_536.jpg

Chemdawg#1- 9 weeks in flower
IMG_20190906_191437_227.jpg

IMG_20190906_191514_368.jpg

Screenshot_20190910-210921.png

Chemdawg#2- 6 weeks in flower

IMG_20190910_194056_578.jpg

IMG_20190906_191326_825.jpg

IMG_20190906_191343_575.jpg

Chemdawg #2 is definitely the most smelly plant in flower. Can't wait for her to finish. She's so dank!! Got some exciting exotic new strains from seed getting ready for this winter as well stay tuned!

Just passed by and saw some very beautiful cannabis plants :yummy:
Nice work, Jgrow!
I see your journal goes back a cpl year’s. Some reading to catch up on. Just wondering - how far have you gotten through your 50 strains so far?
Fantastic choices, far as I can see.
:morenutes:

Thanks DrDoob and DonkeyDick! That is a great question too I think I journaled all of the plants I've grown so I should be able to make a list. Definitely some additions to the original list and also some that didn't germinate as well. So far some of my favorite strains that I've grown are my original RQS Royal Gorilla, Royal Cookies, HSO Chemdawg, Black D.O.G, IHG Platinum Scout V2, CSI Mendocino Underdog to name a few. But after trying some fellow growers produce like @bobrown14 and @DrDoob I'm definitely looking to find even more top shelf strains.

Back
Top Bottom