Calif. Man Sentenced to Prison After Drug Dog Points Way to Pot-Perfumed Cash

Weedpipe

420 Member
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – A California man has been sentenced to almost four years in prison for drug trafficking after a drug-sniffing dog led investigators to a bundle of mailed cash that smelled of marijuana.

Lanny Welch, the U.S. attorney for Kansas, said Tuesday that 54-year-old Leon B. Livingston of San Diego was sentenced to 46 months in federal prison. He pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess and distribute more than 100 kilograms of marijuana.

Prosecutors said a drug-sniffing dog alerted postal inspectors to a package mailed to Livingston from Mark McPherson in Olathe. The package contained $30,000 in cash.

Investigators searched Livingston's home in San Diego and found marijuana plants.

McPherson was sentenced to about eight years. Other members of the conspiracy have been sentenced or are awaiting sentencing next month.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: WDAF-TV
Copyright: 2009, WDAF-TV
Website:Calif. man sentenced to prison after drug dog points way to pot-perfumed cash - WDAF

I heard that all the cash in North America contained traces of *******.Does this mean the DEA can search anyone's home because they possess money with traces of a drug?How much of our cash contains traces of THC?I imagine the Fed has pumped out so much cash in the last few years that some of it must be clean.:peace::slide:

yes i believe its all part of the setup....get busted with large amounts of cash, which will have traces of all sorts of drugs, next thing u know they're kickin your door in with a warrant.. about the feds pumping out clean cash, who do u think is putting the residue on the cash. you should read "Dark Alliance" by Gary Webb

Well you can blame me for traces of THC on money. I use the biggest bill I have to roll a joint with. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom