California - Med MJ and kids

Akornpatch

I was just wondering what they are teaching the kids in schools there with Prop 215 and D.A.R.E. and anti-pot ads and everything. And what happens when your kid tells his teacher "My daddy has a bunch of that growing in the garden/closet." or some such thing. Are they still preaching 'The Devils Weed" or what? If someone could fill us in on that angle. :bongrip:

I dont know what its like for cali but i know here in canada they
start telling kids in school about drugs in grade 6. It's funny how
they put a lot of emphasis on mj since they think thats what kids
will start with. They only talk about the bad things and they even bring
in speakers with "experience" saying that mj is bad. Not once did i ever hear about the medical implications of mj and its benefits. I can remember up until
grade 10 i never wanted to even try mj because i honestly thought it was
a horrible drug. However in my opinion kids shouldnt smoke pot, its different
for kids and its really not good when kids dont know who they are because
pot will make it very hard for them. I feel like i could be a great speaker to
kids in school about pot, but i would probably never be asked back. I hate
how adults are usually never "real" or "true" with kids, it actually makes things
worse when they find out they have been lied to. Treat kids with respect and
dont ever underestimate them, your only fooling yourself.

At my old private school they would have guests come in once a year and talk to the entire school about drugs alcohol and pretty much anything you can get high off of. I dont think they were from DARE but some sort of anti-drug outreach plan. They came down for about 2 weeks. During that time they would talk to the Sophmores every English class they had. so for 10 classes. After a week of classes they would do a giant 2 hour assembley for the entire school which all the teachers would take role on so if we didnt go we'd get some crazy outrageous punnishment. It was pretty obvious during the assembley that they would NOT talk about medical marijuana and if someone asked they would just say "It's wrong" or something to that extent.

In middle school it was even worse because they had every class go through a DARE class for about 5 weeks. We would meet twice a week but we would have to do the exact same class every year. I felt like by the 8th grade i could teach the class because it was all soo farmiliar. Again nothing was said about medical marijuana and at the time i didnt really think to ask seeing that i was like 13.

Oh yea I forgot to mention they actually made us take the same dare class that we would take in middle school from 3rd to 5th grade. So i really doubt that theres really an open minded school system near the bay. Hopefully its not as bad elsewhere.

DARE sort of gave me the idea to try Buddha, haha. I remember them saying something about euphoria. And oh how I wanted that experiance, haha.

Although it DID keep me a way from cigs. The disgusting things.

:peace: Earth Child

hmmm....now if i was asked to speak in front of the kids of a class this is what ide say "kids im not here to tell you how bad pot is and how you shouldnt smoke it....im also not here to incorrage you to smoke it....all i say is that i cannot stop you from using drugs...and i cant make you use drugs...you make your own decisions through life and will eventually try your first joint...and come to realize that everything your parents..and or teachers have told you about marijuana is not all facts....sure it is illegal....yeah sure it is a "drug"......over 75% of americans use a form of a drug in some way or another..be it legal or illegal.....we all make our own choices in what to put in our body...and you will soon find out for yourself that marijuana..pot...weed...whatever you want to call it...is not as dangerous as advertised......marijuana has not killed a single soul in all of its existance....and that would be since the dawn of time....and if a drug hasnt kill a single person for millions of years then how can it be so harmful like heroin or cocaine?...the truth is that its not....your teachers...and parents put the bad only about marijuana out...because they are expecting thats what you will first try and that it will eventually lead to harder durgs...sure people have went from pot..to coke...to heroin...to a pine box 6 feet under...and that is their own fault..that is not marijuanas fault...nobody ever has told you the medical benefits of marijuana...only the downsides and health risks of it....so before you decide to take your first hit of a joint....or your first rip off a bong...sit and think...is pot really as bad as ive been tought?"

amen

Why in the world do parents allow their children to be involved in DARE? Doesn't that require parental permission? I'd withdraw my children from school rather than let them be propagandized. IMO parents who get snitched on in DARE are reaping what they've sown.

My son came home from kindergarten a couple weeks ago with a red ribbon pinned to his shirt. It says DARE graduate on it. We didn' sign shit. they just have the garbage as part of the class. That's FUCKED. And also why i started this topic. What do they teach exactly, in Cali, when Medi MJ is available?

^^^Did you guys know that they have just recently found that kids that went through the dare program actually had a significant increase in substance abuse as adults?

That doesn't surprise me at all, realtal.

That sort of makes me laugh. And yeah, it's awful that it's forced on some kids. I would never in my life support a program that's pure propaganda. I find it extremely offensive, to be honest.

Although, some of the demonstrations are pretty funny, haha.

:peace: Earth Child

Back
Top Bottom