Can anyone get my IP from my posts?

Sweetgreen

I looked at my public profile and can't see anywhere where it shows my IP address, but just thought I'd ask anyways. Do I need to use a proxy to post and view here?

Thanks

420Mag's servers are outside the US and 420% secure. Please rest assured security is among our greatest concern and we have taken great steps to keep 420Mag safe and secure from prying eyes. The security of our members and this site is impeccable! While we allow proxy servers and IP address re-routers it is an unneeded step. We have been up and running since 1993 without incident and have never been breached or shut down.

Ok thanks for the reassurance. It's really only the idea of LEO finding me if he wants that I'm worried about, although you guys going down too wouldn't make me very happy either:420::cheer:

Just learning about proxies now...seems pretty straight forward.

But hey my paranoia strikes again...how secure are the moderators here? Is there a LEO screen that is somehow done on them?

Anyways, just mild paranoia being over analyzed:smokin:

LEO would need to follow a warrant process that bridged two countries. While not impossible, it is highly unlikely due to the fact that "he'd" need to have some idea of who he was actually going after and he'd have to also know that you were committing a crime in his jurisdiction. IOW, you'd have to pretty much give yourself away beforehand by posting pics that clearly showed that this was the case (so no shots of your mailbox, lol) instead of just some random grow room somewhere on the planet. You'd probably also have to post enough personal information for a LEO to say, "Hey, that's my neighbor(sic)!" These things are... somewhat unlikely to happen.

Well, there's a little bit more to it (on both sides) but you get the gist. If you were to post such incriminating things, it is almost a given that one of the staff would see it and edit/remove the information right away for your own protection and the ultimate protection of the site.

It would be "difficult" for a LEO to get any information in a legal fashion, and were LEO to just have a 14-year old hacker to do it, it would not be admissible in court.

As for the staff here... You either trust them or you don't. Like all web-forums (that are run in a responsible manner), the chief (in this case, 420) knows who they are - and trusts them. You could say that this site (and related things) is his life's work, so you can bet that he's going to be SURE about a person before ever inviting them to join the staff.

Paranoia is a useful thing these days. But it is not needed here - only a modicum of common-sense where your activities are concerned. Rest easy.

Awesome, thank you very much for taking the time to quell my paranoia. You just proved what I already thought, and that's that 420 is a class act!

Back
Top Bottom