Can I have 2 patients and also grow for myself?

I wouldn't sell to someone just because they have a card noadays, that's just asking for trouble in this state. When I was a c/g, (patient now) I only sold to my patients, 4 of whom I'd known for a long time, the 5th, an MS patient recommended by my mother.

Nor would I. You totally missed the point.

See, this is bull crap. This is why I'm leaving this forum. I'm trying to be helpful and someone has to make it into a "Holier Than Thou" deal.

I only sell to my RI MMP registered clients. Furthermore, it is allowed to give MMJ away to other RI cardholders as long as no consideration is given and you don't exceed the amount they are allowed to possess. Read the Law.:high-five::high-five:

Good Luck To Wingman
thankto everyone else except you.

C- Ya !

Stanley

Nor would I. You totally missed the point.

See, this is bull crap. This is why I'm leaving this forum. I'm trying to be helpful and someone has to make it into a "Holier Than Thou" deal.

Didn't realize we were in a competition, maybe you should leave. 5 posts in and you're already upset.

My point was,if you aren't doing anything illegal, you won't be "tricked" (entrapped) I only sold to MY registered patients,....registered AS my patients. If you are dealing with others who aren't under your c/g card (which is legal as long as no compensation is passed) then what are you worried about, you're not charging them.

You know, I was going to leave, but I think i'll hang around. Most of the people here seem pretty cool. :)

If you noticed, I did admit that I overreacted in that one post, but anyone can have a bad day, don't you agree ? :laughtwo:

Some, as long as this dialog is continuing, lets examine a couple of things here.

Your Post:

Pretty sure 5oz is the max, not 7.5 but I could be wrong.

-Seedlings count towards seedlings, not flowering plants. You can't plant 12 new ones till you flower the originals. The only way to get 36 flowering plants is to do a perpetual grow, harvesting 1,2, plants a week

Yeah....thats not right. 7.5 ounces is the max for a patient that is a Caregiver for 2 patients. ALSO, seedlings can count towards your total plants as long as you do not exceed your max flowering and plant totals. :high-five:

This info came from one of the finest legal minds for MMJ law in RI. :rocker:

Good Day to All ! I hope this post was useful. :woohoo:

Stanley

You know, I was going to leave, but I think i'll hang around. Most of the people here seem pretty cool. :)

If you noticed, I did admit that I overreacted in that one post, but anyone can have a bad day, don't you agree ? :laughtwo:

Some, as long as this dialog is continuing, lets examine a couple of things here.

Your Post:

Yeah....thats not right. 7.5 ounces is the max for a patient that is a Caregiver for 2 patients. ALSO, seedlings can count towards your total plants as long as you do not exceed your max flowering and plant totals. :high-five:

This info came from one of the finest legal minds for MMJ law in RI. :rocker:

Good Day to All ! I hope this post was useful. :woohoo:

Stanley

COOL MAN

ok, cool. Confused on the seedling thing. Are you saying.....example

I'm a lone patient, allowed 12/12

If I only flower 8 at a time, can I have 16 seedlings?

Is that what you mean?

COOL MAN

ok, cool. Confused on the seedling thing. Are you saying.....example

I'm a lone patient, allowed 12/12

If I only flower 8 at a time, can I have 16 seedlings?

Is that what you mean?

That is one legal opinion. A lot of these questions are vague and have been untested in a RI court of Law, so there are few precedents that can be cited. I am not personally a lawyer. You should do what you are comfortable with depending on how you ( or your Attorney ) interpret the law.

For example, some people say that under any circumstances you should only have 12 seedlings. Others believe that as a Patient you are allowed 12, and a max of 12 more if you are a Caregiver for any number of Patients. The most liberal view is that you may possess 12 as a Patient, and 12 each for 2 clients (Patients), a max of 36 seedlings. I personally subscribe to the 24 seedling max with 36 Flowering max for a total of 60 plants opinion.

As an opinion ONLY If you had only 8 in flower and 16 seedlings, I don't see how a judge would rule against you. That would be like getting a ticket for not going through a stop sign. They SEEM to be more concerned that you don't go over your total number of Flowering plants and the total amount of all plants.

Once again, you should probably consult an Attorney ( It's always a good idea to at least know who to call in case you need them ). I'm sure everyone here is following the law as they should, but it is always best to be prepared because some of the Law Enforcement officials probably aren't familiar with all the nuances of this legislation and my arrest you even if you are in compliance.

Just my two cents. :)

Stanley

RIPAC: Medical Marijuana in Rhode Island

it doesnt specify, although it makes it clear that the most a caregive should have is 24 but doesnt mention if you yourself are a patient as well

Yes, you can, but it must be clearly marked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIPAC SAYS YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY SIGNS!

The laws are changed regularly as the politicians are quite good a tricking the RI MM community by distracting them with the threat of taking away your rights to grow. When, in all actuallity, they are just throwing up a smoke screen to take your eye's off what they are really trying to do...

EXAMPLE
Back in March of 2010, they proposed the same Bill to strip us away of our right to grow and CG. It was then that a CG could have 36 (24 Flower, 12 Veg.) plants and 12 seedlings when they had at least 2 patients. Now, after the March '10 changes only state:

"2.8.1 A registered primary caregiver may possesses an amount of marijuana which does not exceed twelve (12) mature marijuana plants and two and one-half (2.5) ounces of usable marijuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the Department's registration process established pursuant to these Regulations.

2.8.2 Notwithstanding the provisions of §2.8.1 of these Regulations, no primary caregiver other than a compassion center shall possess an amount of marijuana in excess of twenty-four (24) mature marijuana plants and five (5) ounces of usable marijuana for qualifying patients to whom he or she is connected through the Department's registration process established pursuant to these Regulations.

2.8.3 A registered qualifying patient may possesses an amount of marijuana which does not exceed twelve (12) mature marijuana plants and two and one-half (2.5) ounces of usable marijuana.

2.8.4 Registered primary caregivers and registered qualifying patients shall be allowed to possess a reasonable amount of unusable marijuana, including up to twelve (12) seedlings, which shall not be"

This is what politicians call a test shot.... A "Let's see if they are really looking at the changes we made to the law" technique.... The first one or two are always minor changes that don't really hurt, the third usually kills...lol

So, to answer your question, (with the info. given above) if you are a patient/caregiver and the grow spot is clearly market with your patient card on one plot and your CG card on the other plot. It looks like the most you could have according the above stated law would be 36 flower(mature), ??? vegitative, and 24 seedlings on 2 sperate plots, again, clearly marked. Where as the previous laws stated a person in the same position use to be able to do 36 flower, 24 veg, and 24 seeding under the 2 seperate plot concept... NEVER COME CLOSE TO THE MAGIC 100 OR DEA WILL COME'A KNOCKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps.......:yahoo:

Under the definition a non-flowering plant is a seedling. under 24 hour light my non-flowering "seedlings are what you are refering to as "veg." So, as a patient and care-giver x 2 or more I possess 36 in bloom and 24 vegging or "seedlins" if you prefer.

this bill concerns grow rights . IS THERE INTEREST IN ATTENDING A PRESS CONFERENCE TUES< TO COINCIDE WITH LICSENSE ANNOUNCEMENT

Under the definition a non-flowering plant is a seedling. under 24 hour light my non-flowering "seedlings are what you are refering to as "veg." So, as a patient and care-giver x 2 or more I possess 36 in bloom and 24 vegging or "seedlins" if you prefer.

RU sure about that... I just found about a dozen websites, a couple of books and my own general botany knowledge says your not "entirely" right which is why the laws are so not black and white....

Technically, a seedling is most commonly refered to as very young plant from a seed and not a cutting.....so this is why interpreting it is such a pain...wtf

Most often a seedling is refered to as just a young plant that is entering the vegitative stage. The law, before it was changed in March of 2010 stated 12 Flower-12 Vegitative -12 Seedling but someone of the floor used a point of reference which supported RXTHC claim which led to the law stated in this thread...so technically, we are both right because the laws and peoples interpretation of the definition can be taken many ways depending upon which definition you are choosing to side with...lol

Welcome to the chaos of MM legislation...lol Personally, I'd stick to the count of 24 flow -12 veg/seedling if you a CG only and no more than 36-24 if your a CG and a patient, but that just my opinion and I am no lawyer....:thanks:

I just go by the definitions laid out in the law:
(12) "Unusable marijuana" means marijuana seeds, stalks, seedlings, and unusable roots. "Seedling" means a marijuana plant with no observable flowers or buds.'

There is no regard to size. IMSURE

I just go by the definitions laid out in the law:
(12) "Unusable marijuana" means marijuana seeds, stalks, seedlings, and unusable roots. "Seedling" means a marijuana plant with no observable flowers or buds.'

There is no regard to size. IMSURE

I stand corrected.... you are 100% correct as it is written in the March 2010 Amended RI MM laws... Good catch.

Guys I am going to Court on this very issue and welcome all to come to 250 Benefit St Prov Ri 02904 on Thursday the 28th at 9:00am waving banners, and showing solidarity. TV whatever is all good I asked the police to keep them alive when illegally arrested and subsequently illegally searched. SO here is the link: Busted

Back
Top Bottom