Can I re-cut Clones to get roots?

MidWestSmokin

I cut clones a week ago. I tried to make a dwc cloning set up. I used 1" rockwool cubes and have them just above the water. When I look at the ends that I cut they are turning brown. I did use olivia's. I'm guessing that the brown means they are gonna die? They are not wilted bad, they look like they are still alive. What do I do? Can I make a new cut above the spot and re dip and try again? Any help would be much appreciated.

Not to knock Olivia's, but a while back I compared Olivia's with plain old rooting hormone (indole butyric acid). The Olivia's treated clones took over a week longer to show roots, compared to the plain rooting hormone. The Olivia's treated cuttings looked nice, but took longer to root.

I agree with Racefan about temps. In the winter, when I am struggling to keep things warm enough, I usually have 100% cloning success. In the dead of summer I have worse results due to damping off.

Well 6 out of 8 of the cuttings have rooted. I now have four in 4" rockwool with roots already thru the bottom. 2 still in 1" cubes now have roots showing. I am so stoked i was able to get some to root. They looked like they were not gonna make it. Now that they are on a drip system with low dose of nutes I think they will survive.

Back
Top Bottom