Can I top after first sign of gender- still in veg

I am not worried about failure, more about success. This was supposed to be a test run with bag seed. Silly me, thinking 12 year old seed would sprout. Had to buy good seed and now it is doing well. Now I really want this to produce and feel like I have a great shot. I would be thrilled with 1oz from the 2 plants. 2clean, you have a good point. They are already bushy, topping could be an issue. Maybe I should flip the lights to 12 and 12 now and see what I get? Or wait a couple more weeks.

It might be surprising, but you can actually germinate seeds that old, or older. It all comes down to how they were stored. I was replacing the floor in my living room a few years ago, carpet, pad, and new underlay, and I found an old Cannabis seed in the cracks of the floor. I had no idea how long it had been there, but I tried to germinate the seed too :) It didn't work, but it's always worth a try!

bench123, growing is all about training the plant to do what you want. The Cali Jack that I grew was Indica dominant, @ 70%. I was easily able to train it to grow wider, and that plant gave me over 2 ounces. It's much, much easier than you think.
Toping+LST is also the answer to taking that bushy plant, and turning it into a wider plant to absorb light all over, evenly.

All you need is a spool of craft ribbon, and a handful of paperclips.

You can easily LST them for a week or two, then switch to flower. And there are tons of guides on here, and grow journals to show you how.

Back
Top Bottom