Can I Trim this late into flowering?

Hi all,

6 weeks into Jock Horror flowering. First time grower, need this badly to work for my wife who has constant pain. Question is simple - I think there is too much "green" at this stage, i.e., can I trim some of the leafy light and water gathering leaves back so the flowering portions get as much air and light as possible, or is trimming this late stupid? I can't seem to get all the pics to be big, but the one that is larger than the rest show how much "crowding" is going on. The tent is small - only two plants, so any comments and/or help would be gratefully accepted. Thanks....

Grandpolyphony

Jock_Horror_Flowering_5_3_9_13.JPG
Jock_Horror_Flowering_4_3_9_13.JPG
Jock_Horror_Flowering_1_3_9_131.JPG
Jock_Horror_Flowering_3_3_9_13.JPG
Jock_Horror_Flowering_2_3_9_13.JPG

Usual Defol happens at 21 and 45 days but I believe that you can still trim some of the bigger fan leaves and be fine to allow more lite intothe budding cycle, or bending the branches apart is another option or do both, mine are sitting between week 4 and 5 and they are gonna get a defol tomorrow, but they do have another 8 weeks to go, Peace OG

Usual Defol happens at 21 and 45 days but I believe that you can still trim some of the bigger fan leaves and be fine to allow more lite intothe budding cycle, or bending the branches apart is another option or do both, mine are sitting between week 4 and 5 and they are gonna get a defol tomorrow, but they do have another 8 weeks to go, Peace OG

OG,

Appreciate the post and thanks for your input. I will follow that advice and do trim back a few and look to bend other branches. What have you used to hold larger branches in place if they can be bent, or do you just shape them by repetitive gentle bending? Again thanks for your help.

Some use pipe cleaners or the plastic coated wire mine is green from the hydro store, just bend slowly don't wanna break anything , a little water before hand is said to help keep them on the limber side.OG

Some use pipe cleaners or the plastic coated wire mine is green from the hydro store, just bend slowly don't wanna break anything , a little water before hand is said to help keep them on the limber side.OG

Nice - would not have thought of pipe cleaners....thanks again...

Back
Top Bottom