Can someone tell me about purple stems on early clones

68camaro

ive always read that its some form of problem. to cold, neut. lock up, ect. stress beyond the cutting to make the clone.
its not that purple isnt good, quite the contrary in the right stage of growth!
so good or bad?
whats the populus have to say?
peace

what about neut. lock. hows that compare?

I've read in trouble shooting charts it's needing hi P and heard from growers it's strain trait - so my 2-cents. My opinion, I'd give it just a bit of hi p and take it from there.

my plant has been purple its whole life, new growth starts green,then slowly turns purple as it matures, until it has pin stripe purple everywhere its really cool to look at. it kind of looks like a green stem, with purple candy cane like stripes. and its the whole plant, stalk and all.

this is the first one thats done this to me since the start, so im thinking its genetics.

however, purple stems arent really a concern, if they start to go red, thats when you start having issues.

if they start going light red, it can be a lockout, def, stress, etc. you have to read the rest of the plant to figure it out.

so if your plant looks healthy, and is growing. then its nothing to worry about. :)

as long as growth stays vigerous id not worrie
in flwr is slows down but still the flwrs grows!

keep an eye on the crown at the base of the plant, if it starts swelling up big and round you have stem rot. probably not but if you do you are f%%ked

i never have this extent. i do have on a regular basis what looks to be a sunburn on the leafs stem and nowhere else! the red leaf stem isnt brittle and the leafs grow gigger than my huge head! my light is of lower wattage. temps have never been a prob. i grow in the basement thats a little deeper than most.

Purple is usually just a strain trait. However, you can influence more purple coloring, especially during late flower by lowering temps, especially during night cycle. Darker, sort of rusty bronzy purple is magnesium deficiency. For the most part, if everything else about the plant is healthy then the purple is a strain trait and nothing to worry about. And do not just assume that purple strains are the only plants that go purple. Tons of strains have light purple stripes on their stems. White Widow from Royal Queen Seeds is one such example.

Wish you could post a pic so we could really see what you're talking about. I have some plants now that has purpling in them. Just like Bdogg said and they are doing fine. Some told me it could be genetics too. Honestly, If you're working with bagseed you never know what you're going to get. Not sure if you are but just saying. As long as your plant isn't having any other issues I wouldn't worry about it. I was also told once plant has started purpling, it will usually not go back to being all green.

i have a white widow cross with ak47 going right now... shes had the purple stripes since seed. but like bdogg said, WW strains often turn colors.

so.. i wouldnt worry about it, unless you start to see more of a red, than purple... red normally means issue.

i have a white widow cross with ak47 going right now... shes had the purple stripes since seed. but like bdogg said, WW strains often turn colors.

so.. i wouldnt worry about it, unless you start to see more of a red, than purple... red normally means issue.

I had been wanting a ww for a long time. But has been reading that the strain has mildew issues and now you say it changes colors. What other issues are there? Is this strain good for a novice grower such as myself?

i'v found this strain to be picky, but very resilient.. i'v accidently induced root rot to her twice, and had to chop many many roots, and bath her in 10-15% h202 solution a few times, to the point where her roots were popping and hissing, and looked like smoking.

and each time she came back witha vengence. she is pretty mag thirsty, so i use more cal-mag than normal.

i even took 2 clones off her when she was stressed to hell, and so far, those clones are perky, and doing great.

i'v found this strain to be picky, but very resilient.. i'v accidently induced root rot to her twice, and had to chop many many roots, and bath her in 10-15% h202 solution a few times, to the point where her roots were popping and hissing, and looked like smoking.

and each time she came back witha vengence. she is pretty mag thirsty, so i use more cal-mag than normal.

i even took 2 clones off her when she was stressed to hell, and so far, those clones are perky, and doing great.

Sounds like my kinda strain, can take a licking. But I have heard the smoke is out of this world.

Wish you could post a pic so we could really see what you're talking about. I have some plants now that has purpling in them. Just like Bdogg said and they are doing fine. Some told me it could be genetics too. Honestly, If you're working with bagseed you never know what you're going to get. Not sure if you are but just saying. As long as your plant isn't having any other issues I wouldn't worry about it. I was also told once plant has started purpling, it will usually not go back to being all green.

bag seed? i wouldnt even consider it! not for a second!
these are some fine gennetics!

bag seed? i wouldnt even consider it! not for a second!
these are some fine gennetics!

dont underestimate the power of bagseed my friend. why not turn a free seed into some quality herb :) just take care of it, and you shouldnt have any issues.

and if you do... chop it and turn it into oil. or just roll with it.

yes quality genetics are way better in many cases... but i like to grow the bag seeds too... just to see what happens.. and about 80% of the time i get the same results as i get from quality seeds.

I would call most White Widows an intermediate strain, not the easiest strain to deal with, not the hardest. Hardy, relatively pest resistent, somewhat subject to mold. 50 50 split indica sativa so they stretch a little but not too bad... One thing however, some widows are more circular and uniform some widows, like the one from Royal Queen, are subject to morphing. Make sure that when you trim them you really pull the nugs apart and trim inside of them. They are really subject to mold when drying. As a result they are a real pain to trim and don't even go through a trim machine well. I like WW but don't do it anymore simply because they are a pain to trim. Also they look like they yield huge but are really only average yielders because they are not at all dense.

Since no pics were posted, I have the same question.

sativa
just adopted
just re-potted
no history of nutrients
supposed to be snap berry, but Google can not find it..?

2_purple_leaf_stem.JPG

1_purple_leaf_stem.JPG

Is this just the plan's normal color or a deficiency?

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom