Canada - Tobacco farmers won't grow marijuana

Hash

Toronto - Ontario's tobacco farmers won't be sowing their fields with marijuana seed anytime soon.

Agriculture Minister Steve Peters says the government is looking at alternative crops to replace tobacco.

But he says that won't include medical marijuana.

He says that's an issue for the federal government to tackle.

Ottawa allows for the use of medical marijuana and is working toward decriminalizing pot.

While Ontario's anti-smoking campaign is taking a toll on tobacco farmers, Peters says fruits and vegetables are among the alternative crops being looking at.

He says industrial hemp -- the kind you can't smoke -- could also replace tobacco down the road.

Hemp can be harvested to produce paper, clothing fibre and certain oils

Source: Canada.com
Copyright: Broadcast News 2005

Fruit, yes. Pot, no. Where's the $?

I used to live up there (Ontario) and I remember, as a kid, walking in fields of hemp.. looked like pot, smelled like pot.. didn't get you high. Grew like a weed!
Six to ten feet tall.

What fruits are as profitable as tobacco? Anybody know? :hmmmm:

Damn even tho it was hemp, it must have been a little taste of heaven.

Northern Lights said:
Damn even tho it was hemp, it must have been a little taste of heaven.

A look at heaven.. Mr NL, the visual stimulation alone was worth it.. nah.. spoked lots of hash (Lebanese [red, gold, blond, brown], Nepalese [black fingers], Afgani..up there (Toronto area - Rochdale.. does that ring a bell?) in late 60's, 70's.. moved to Wyoming.. end of that chapter. :peace: Pinch

Oh Boy.. I'm Ed-ited..

YES..EDITED
lATER..

Hey..

Good for you Mr. S! Enjoy..

8 hours..

Man, that one was good for 8 hours.. ed-ited or what.. :peace: Pinch

Back
Top Bottom