Canna Professional Plus soil

vapoholic

Hi,

throwing my hydro setup out of the window, I'm going to try soil.
I managed to get my hands on some super soil, which goes at the bottom of the pot. Should be quite interesting.

As for the base medium, I bought Canna Professional Plus mix.
Now, as far as I can tell, this mix is soil less, clean and high quality in general, but the pH is at at 6.0 (at least it's on the label).

If I water with 6.5 on this one, it should stabilize at that after a while right?
Is there anything else about this soil that might be of interest to know?
What I can't figure out is if it retains water basically as much as normal soil or not. Some suggest it doesn't, some suggest it does.

I have no issues getting some other soil if you think that would be more suitable. The brands that are available to me are Cellmax, BioBizz, Canna, Atami, Gold Label and Plagron.

Cheers.

The super soil goes in the bottom, so the goal is to have the plant take nutrients from that and clean water from the top medium as it needs (no nutrients when watering obviously).

The Canna soil does have some nutrients, but they should be gone after a while. Ideally, maybe a completely clean substrate would be good, but I really would like a decent water retention (I got RootTrapper II pots) so the watering cycle is somewhat more natural and the plants can take it up as they need (without over watering then obviously).

Your input is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Or, I can also stop jabbering about what is probably simple details and just get on with it...

If I don't use the mix for this I'll use it in the garden, so I can very well just open it and check the retention, pH etc.

Unless there some strong opinions against this, I'll just go for it :)

Canna terra coco,and professional plus are all I use,very healthy plants.last year I mixed canna, terra coco,with professional plus,worked better then any thing I ever tried.this year it's ONLY canna terra coco...and canna terra nutes,combined with worm castings,guano,kelp,ect..I usaully put extra guano,kelp,and worm castings just below the middle of my geopot, then rest pure coco,i also use the raised bed technique,this allows the roots to have plenty of room,and helps speed up the growing ,you made the right choice trust me..HAPPY GROWING..

Back
Top Bottom