Canna terra professional: what’s the pH range

Leeroy48

Hi everyone,

just wanted to ask a question about canna terra professional. Does anyone know the correct PH range for this soil as I’m being told 6.2 is the sweet spot.

if that is the case is it even a soil. In that range should be more like coco.

that does seem rather low to me.

ive included a snap off the back of the so

Attachments

• 6D63DE20-6877-44D8-B81D-EC075C30F4FD.jpeg
    6D63DE20-6877-44D8-B81D-EC075C30F4FD.jpeg
    861.7 KB · Views: 174
6.2 should be fine for Canna soil. I used to aim for 6.5 but realised that I didn't actually need to PH as the soil contains buffers.

I run coco currently but aim for 5.5-5.9 as I noticed that pH will rise again over time. I bottom feed so there is water sat in a tray for a day or 2.

6.2 should be fine for Canna soil. I used to aim for 6.5 but realised that I didn't actually need to PH as the soil contains buffers.

I run coco currently but aim for 5.5-5.9 as I noticed that pH will rise again over time. I bottom feed so there is water sat in a tray for a day or 2.
Hi ProfessorFlora,

thank you for the reply shall I apply that low PH then. Because it says on the packet it’s soil. Being that it is soil the ph range should be 6.5 to 7.0. I don’t get it really confused.com lol.

I am growing auto’s there coming to 9 week mark now don’t think there quite ready yet. There showing signs off yellowing leafs. Which tells me there Needing nutes. Which I have been feeding them not full strength. I’m currently using Floraseries 3 part mix. And been PH it at 6.5.

what would you suggest then switch the PH range.

sorry to keep going on. Lol don’t wanna get it wrong.

Hi ProfessorFlora,

thank you for the reply shall I apply that low PH then. Because it says on the packet it’s soil. Being that it is soil the ph range should be 6.5 to 7.0. I don’t get it really confused.com lol.

I am growing auto’s there coming to 9 week mark now don’t think there quite ready yet. There showing signs off yellowing leafs. Which tells me there Needing nutes. Which I have been feeding them not full strength. I’m currently using Floraseries 3 part mix. And been PH it at 6.5.

Alright Leeroy.
If you look on the canna terra pro website, they state that because it has a high peat content it should be treated more like hydro ph.
I'd always considered it a soil, so it shocked me to find out they recomend a ph in the 5.8-6.2 range.

Hi ProfessorFlora,

Hey, if you don't ask you won't know.
I'd leave it at 6.5 though one thing I used to do and still do sometimes is allow a bit of fluctuation with the PH. I would feed at say 6.3 for one watering then with the next I might do one at 6.7.

Also yellowing leaves in the later stages can be perfectly normal so unless they are falling off rapidly I wouldn't worry about that too much. I guess they are lower leaves that are yellowing? If the flowers look good then happy days

Alright Leeroy.
If you look on the canna terra pro website, they state that because it has a high peat content it should be treated more like hydro ph.
I'd always considered it a soil, so it shocked me to find out they recomend a ph in the 5.8-6.2 range.

hi Listermeghead,

thank you for your reply. It shocked me aswell lol. I’ve been growing in the soil for 8-9 weeks Jesus Christ. Okay there dry got to feed today.Will adjust to 6.2 hopefully it is all cool. Thank you again.

happy growing

Hey, if you don't ask you won't know.
I'd leave it at 6.5 though one thing I used to do and still do sometimes is allow a bit of fluctuation with the PH. I would feed at say 6.3 for one watering then with the next I might do one at 6.7.

Also yellowing leaves in the later stages can be perfectly normal so unless they are falling off rapidly I wouldn't worry about that too much. I guess they are lower leaves that are yellowing? If the flowers look good then happy days
ProfessorFlora,

thank you so much. True in what you say you don’t ask you don’t know. Okay then I’ll 6.3 then adjust to higher following week perfect thank you again. The buds need fattening up hopefully this will give them the boast they need.
Thank again

happy growing my friend

Back
Top Bottom