Cannabis Crusader Admits He Produced And Supplied Drug

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Cannabis campaigner Stuart Wyatt (pictured) has pleaded guilty at Plymouth Crown Court to charges of producing and supplying the Class C drug.

Mr Wyatt wants to see cannabis legalised for use in pain relief.

Pale-faced and walking with the aid of a stick, he limped into the dock yesterday and admitted both charges.

Mr Wyatt, aged 36, and from St Mary Street, Stonehouse, will be sentenced on January 16.

A former fiddle player with Irish folk-rock band Mad Dog Mcrea, he set up the website Humedi - Offline which calls for a public debate on the medicinal use of cannabis.

He has also lobbied the Government by letter, phone and email to protest against the ban on medicinal cannabis use.

Mr Wyatt has a working diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome but is also being tested for multiple sclerosis.

At one stage he challenged the police to arrest him, saying he couldn't – and wouldn't – give up the drug.

Magistrates offered to try the case against him, but he exercised his right and elected to be tried by a jury at Crown court.

Now he has decided to plead guilty.

Outside the magistrates' court at a previous hearing, Mr Wyatt said police found a black bin bag full of wastage from cannabis, made up of the twigs and remains of plants which contain very little of the drug.

He added that rather than throw away or compost the waste, he mixed it with other ingredients such as beeswax and olive oil to create a painkilling cream.

He said: "I always knew sooner or later I would come into contact with the criminal justice system.

"Using cannabis, I can lead a relatively normal life.

"It reduced my symptoms by about 90 per cent. Without it I'm in constant pain.

"I'm forced to be a law-breaker. I don't want to be but I have no choice, with the Government reacting the way it is.

"Surely alcohol is more lethal than cannabis? Why shouldn't alcohol be banned?"

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: This Is Plymouth
Copyright: 2008 This Is Plymouth
Website: Plymouth cannabis drug crusader admits he produced and supplied drug

Back
Top Bottom