Cannabis Quiz in The Toronto Star

Good afternoon.

On September 7, 2018, The Toronto Star posted a cannabis quiz - How much do you know about pot - take our quiz but as it seems to frequently happen, the author of the quiz has obviously not done her research since the answer to question #4 was incorrect.

I chose to email the author and the Editor of The Toronto Sun about this and here is what I said:

Good morning, Ms Lange.

It's becoming very irritating to me the number of people in the media who have no clue about cannabis and its properties and don't do the required research before publishing articles or doing interviews on air.

While the quiz you posted was mostly accurate, the answer to question #4 should have been all of them except the third choice and possibly the fourth, i.e. :

How does THC, one of the chemical substances found in cannabis, affect an individual?

o - It provides a medicinal benefit, like pain relief - YES - THC is the main cannabinoid for pain relief. CBD is another commonly known cannabinoid and it targets inflammation. Together THC and CBD are a powerhouse of healing properties and for The Star and CBC and other media outlets to keep harping on how THC gets you high but has no other use is ignorant and frustrating for those of us who know better.

o - It’s a psychoactive that gives you a “high” - YES - THC can definitely get you high but did you know there are 3 species of cannabis, i.e. indicas, sativas and hybrids? Sativas are the ones that are used predominantly by people wanting to get high but a high THC strain indica actually works great for sleep.

o - No affect at all; it’s not an active ingredient - Only answer that is obviously wrong.

o - It gives you dry mouth - YES - And, yes, cannabis does give you dry mouth. It's the cannabis itself though not any of the cannabinoids that dry out your mouth.

I hope that in the future, you research your subject more thoroughly.

I hope that my email made sense and was accurate. Felonious says it sounded good.:battingeyelashes:

I find it irritating that the media persists in calling it “pot.” This is 2018. Give me a break. :straightface:

Good on you for speaking up. :high-five:

Enjoying your buzz? :battingeyelashes:

Missed you yesterday. I kept thinking I’d get here and it just didn’t happen. I don’t remember going to bed. Lol! I woke up and my cannabis tray was still sitting on the floor ready to use. Lol!

I’ll be moved soon and things may settle down. I say may, because I have a couple projects in the works that look to be all-consuming.

Have fun traveling. I love traveling by train. :battingeyelashes: Got a good giggle out of your admission that your sister competes with you. I overpower my sister, poor kid. I’ve stayed away from her most of our adult lives. It’s better for her that way.

Black Betty.... one rockin’ song. That was a good lineup. All of them are on my playlists.

Back
Top Bottom