canoe leaves?

newgrowguy

Hi all, Found that the soil for my lone plant was at a Ph of 8. Tried to bring it down by watering with a solution of ammonium sulfate and water, which before applying showed a Ph of about 6.5. The plant was due for watering.
The next day some of the leaves near the top looked like they were beginning to curl up all around the edges, not the tips, kinda like a canoe shape. What does this mean, if a problem how to fix (with idiot instructions please!). Beyond that, the water where I live runs at a Ph of 8. How can I water w/o always driving up the Ph. All detailed help much appreciated.

Hey Man,

I wish I could offer some useful advise, but I am actually in the same boat as you. The water where I am is pH 8... not sure if that is what is causing this problem or not.

I have three plants growing, and only one of them has the leaves curling up and in, making it appear like a canoe, as you describe. All three of the plants droop a little, but otherwise look damn healthy. I would like to hear some input...

I talked to a guy at a hydroponics store the other day, and he said I should consider taking the plant, putting it in my bathtub, and just slowly running water through it until the water coming out the bottom is clear. That sounds all well and good, but I was wondering if I can use regular shower water and then, once it runs clear, use water with pH 6.5???? Will I have to get all of the water for the flush down to 6.5?

As always, any and all help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

T

You beat me to it. Yeah, I referenced the same article on a different page just after I found it on 420times (special thanks to NoDirtWeed4Me). The article recommends a foliar feed of Epsom Salts in water.

About the chlorine... I try to usually wait at least 12 hours before using the water i fill jugs with. Any dechloronators recommended? When I heat the water on the stove to dissolve epsom salts, should that also evaporate most of the chlorine out?

I'm going to be anal as hell from here on in about making sure the pH on the water is just right. As long as I do that, should it slowly unlock the Mg block I seem to have on the roots?

Thanks again! This site ROCKS!

-T

Back
Top Bottom