Can't figure out what to do about my pH

lexort420

Alright so after alot of reading i still havent been able to figure out what the hell is going on with my ph. It has been on the rise. I grow in a peat moss based soil less mix and it has dolomite lime already in it. See the problem is my runoff keeps getting higher. I put water in yesterday that was 4.8 and the runoff came out as 8.0. Previous watering i had it at like 4.8 and the runoff was like somewher around 7.0. I just have never had good luck with the ph. My plants seem to be suffering a little due to this. They are pretty young clones and so i was a little afraid to flush especially since i watered yesterday. I guess i just have trouble comprehending how to adjust ph properly. My runoff seems high usually no matter what the water ph is going in i have tried it at 5.8 6.0 and lower like 4.8 and 5.2. Can't figure out what is up. I have always struggled with ph no matter how much I read about it so i turn to you fine folks here for help if you need more info let me know i will gladly oblige

Wow that is crazy. What are you using to read your ph? Is it calibrated correctly? Broken electrode?

Im using a ph pen it's pretty much brand new i use to use a color matching kit but after having problems for so long i bit the bullet and got the pen. It's only been 4 days since I got this pen and it seems to be calibrated and it was said to be calibrated and ready to use. My tap water is like roughly 7.5 naturally and that is what both my color matching kit and the pen both read.

Nice, well that's not the problem then. What ph up and down are you using?

I use apple cider vinegar for ph down and I have baking soda for ph up but don't ever need to use it cause my water is always higher than where I need to get it to. I know ppl say Apple cider vinegar isn't stable but i have to disagree cause it reads the same from the time I mix up a batch to the time that batch is almost gone. Granted i don't mix up super big batches of water or nutes at one time because I don't go through alot of it. I have a gallon jug for ph water and a gallon jug for nutes

Could it be a build up of something or from over feeding?

Maybe overfeeding that is what I thought cause i accidentally nuted twice in a row and i usually do every other and sometimes water water nute just depends on how the plants look. Didnt know if I should flush since my clones are pretty young and also since i watered yesterday.

They get feed GH flora series 3 part at reduced strength even for following the seedling/clone schedule. They are supposed to get 1/4 tps of each part per gallon and i mix it weaker then that

Hmmmmm, I dunno if it'd be that either then. It doesn't sound like your using much of it anyway. I was gonna say to maybe flush it a bit and when you do nute to do a weaker solution but your already weakening it as it is.

Well they came from a reveg i was trying to save but the reveg plant was starting to go down hill after i took the clones. About a week after i took the clones the donor plant ended up with root rot so i had to trash that plant but there were no issues when i took them not til after. If you want you can stop by journal and see the clones journal is in my signature

Possibly try flushing them some more. What OldMedUser said was pretty legit as well. Good so know as I use tap water.

Back
Top Bottom