Can't water for 2 weeks

DemetraCaerus

Hi this is my first time posting so I hope this is the right thread.
In any case, I will be leaving my plants for 2 weeks while I go on a sudden business trip. And was wondering if there was any possibility that they will make it.
The strain is Swazi that my friend brought from South Africa, so I figure they should be relatively drought resistant.
There are 5 of them, all in 10 gallon containers. So I will be able to get them thoroughly wet before I leave. They are under 400 watts of florescent bulbs 24/7 that are about 2" above them. So I was also wondering how much they will grow while I'm gone, and how high I should place the lights above them to give room for their growth. They are, or rather, will be 30 days into veg. cycle when I leave in 5 days.
They are about 20cm tall, and were topped about 4 days ago. They are LST plants so they're really branching rather then just growing up.
This is my first grow so I really hope they make it. Also they're in MG soil that supposedly holds the moisture for awhile, but that's prob just some mumbo jumbo.

(I was originally thinking about turning off half the lights, to slow down the growth, and hopefully their water consumption, but I don't want to force them into flowering so I don't know if that's a good idea.)

Photo_383.jpg

Photo_432.jpg

I lied, 2 of em are in 8" pots.
Photo_422.jpg

Take 5 gallon buckets, drill 1/4 inch hole in bottom. attach small hose fill with water and elevate a little above your pots. It will slowly release water and should keep them healthy till you get back.

Your buddy that provided the seeds can't stop by your place and check on them for you? If not, then I would go with Weed420's idea, just make sure that the water flow is real small and doesn't drown your plants
Good Luck with it and would love to see how they turn out

You should not have a problem with dropping the hrs of light to 18 hrs, this will equal about a 20% slow down in growth and less water intake. Look up a wick sys. Basically a nylon cord suspended from the bottom of containers submerged into a reservoir.. its a passive sys maybe easier to construct than a gravity feed sys. Enjoy your trip the girls will be OK...

Thanks for all the tips. What I'm going to end up doing is attach a drip hose to a 5 gallon water bottle which I'll elevate over the plants. Then I covered the drip hose with electrical tape where I didn't want water to come out.

cut off half the lights. raise them to about 1 foot above them and either set them into a tub of water or do like already suggested. I've gone as long as 7 days by setting the plants into a tub of RO'd water.If you do go with sitting them into a container NO NUTRIENTS! As the water dries up the nutes could get concentrated and burn your babies.

Back
Top Bottom