Carbon filter ideas?

Scnsty

Looking for a Carbon filter. I grow in a 4 x 2 x 7 tent. I am very new to growing and have gotten to the point where my wife smells it. Please help.
I do not want to order it from Amazon, so any help would be great

Most larger cities have dedicated grow shops crafted to tap this market, or try HTG Supply or Zen Hydro for shipping without Amazon. Outside of that maybe home brew using hvac components like a 6 inch diameter duct pipe sleeved with an 8 inch pipe drilled with intake perforations plus an end cap and the middle filled with activated charcoal but don’t expect a home rig to be the equivalent of an engineered off the shelf product

Looking for a Carbon filter. I grow in a 4 x 2 x 7 tent. I am very new to growing and have gotten to the point where my wife smells it. Please help.
I do not want to order it from Amazon, so any help would be great
Hey there. Just order it on Amazon it comes in discrete packaging so no one knows what’s in there and I would not run anything smaller than a 6 inch fan with carbon filtration in that tent.

Hey there. Just order it on Amazon it comes in discrete packaging so no one knows what’s in there and I would not run anything smaller than a 6 inch fan with carbon filtration in that tent.
Most larger cities have dedicated grow shops crafted to tap this market, or try HTG Supply or Zen Hydro for shipping without Amazon. Outside of that maybe home brew using hvac components like a 6 inch diameter duct pipe sleeved with an 8 inch pipe drilled with intake perforations plus an end cap and the middle filled with activated charcoal but don’t expect a home rig to be the equivalent of an engineered off the shelf product
I live in NEW YORK we are not up with that yet.
But soon
I'm going to the local hardware store.
I do not want any of my money going to large corporations when my neighborhood is closing down

Saw another person do this so I copied them. I took a box fan and ordered some carbon filter pieces off Amazon. You can get the a/c ones at the hardware store. Taped them on both sides of the fan. Don't know how long it takes to scrub the air in my grow room( 20x 30 basement room) but it works. I don't smell skunk when I come in the door like I used to. $20 fix.

Saw another person do this so I copied them. I took a box fan and ordered some carbon filter pieces off Amazon. You can get the a/c ones at the hardware store. Taped them on both sides of the fan. Don't know how long it takes to scrub the air in my grow room( 20x 30 basement room) but it works. I don't smell skunk when I come in the door like I used to. $20 fix.
Would you share a picture

I live in NEW YORK we are not up with that yet.
But soon
I'm going to the local hardware store.
I do not want any of my money going to large corporations when my neighborhood is closing down
I understand your sentiments regarding shopping local and do 99% of any shopping within 10 miles of the house. I am not sure if you are not ready yet to go to a hydroponic store or if it is a case where you do not know of any local ones.

I found at least 3 either in NYC itself or just across the bridge by doing one fast google search. I used the key words of: hydroponic shops new york city
and actually noticed that 6 or 7 stores popped up but only three seems central to the main part of NYC. Also, some stores will not call themselves hydroponic and might go with "indoor gardening" or similar.

Other search terms to try include:
hydroponics, hydroponic stores, indoor grow shops, grow lights, or indoor grow equipment

I did the same types of searches years ago when I started. I put the names and addresses on a note pad and would visit one or two a week. Did not take all that long and found 3 that I use on a regular basis.

Most of the shops will cover more than just hydroponic methods and have supplies for soil and/or natural or organic styles of growing.

Yes, there will be shops that are strictly hydro or primarily 'chemical fertilizer' and up to you if that fits your needs. Any good shop can talk about growing Marijuana and growing flowers or vegetables. The staff should be able to answer basic questions.

Charcoal filters can weigh more than you are thinking unless you have already picked one up to see how heavy it is. Just something to keep in mind if you are a New Yorker who relies on mass transportation to do shopping. If you buy the filter and the fan in one trip you might have to bring your wife along to help carry stuff.

I understand your sentiments regarding shopping local and do 99% of any shopping within 10 miles of the house. I am not sure if you are not ready yet to go to a hydroponic store or if it is a case where you do not know of any local ones.

I found at least 3 either in NYC itself or just across the bridge by doing one fast google search. I used the key words of: hydroponic shops new york city
and actually noticed that 6 or 7 stores popped up but only three seems central to the main part of NYC. Also, some stores will not call themselves hydroponic and might go with "indoor gardening" or similar.

Other search terms to try include:
hydroponics, hydroponic stores, indoor grow shops, grow lights, or indoor grow equipment

I did the same types of searches years ago when I started. I put the names and addresses on a note pad and would visit one or two a week. Did not take all that long and found 3 that I use on a regular basis.

Most of the shops will cover more than just hydroponic methods and have supplies for soil and/or natural or organic styles of growing.

Yes, there will be shops that are strictly hydro or primarily 'chemical fertilizer' and up to you if that fits your needs. Any good shop can talk about growing Marijuana and growing flowers or vegetables. The staff should be able to answer basic questions.

Charcoal filters can weigh more than you are thinking unless you have already picked one up to see how heavy it is. Just something to keep in mind if you are a New Yorker who relies on mass transportation to do shopping. If you buy the filter and the fan in one trip you might have to bring your wife along to help carry stuff.
Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom