CBD and Lipitor

Canachris

Back in May I tried some CBD gummies for the horrible side effects from my antiseizure medication, it did wonders for the depression and anxiety. After 2 weeks of paying high Massachusetts prices I applied for my Mass medical license. I got it no problim and I had to be interviewed by a doctor, she reviewed my medical records and after finding out I took Atorvastatin (Lipitor) she told me I should stop my CBD use and not take anymore. She told me some studies have shown bad interactions with CBD and statin drugs in the liver. So I stopped, I kept my daily use of cannabis up even tho she recommended I cut back to just 1/4 gram at night to help with my insomnia. I'm less trusting of my doctors since the run around Ive gotten these past 6 months and would love to go back to using CBD. does anyone have any information about using CBD and lipitor. Just about everyone I know over 50 is on lipitor.

...she reviewed my medical records and after finding out I took Atorvastatin (Lipitor) she told me I should stop my CBD use and not take anymore. She told me some studies have shown bad interactions with CBD and statin drugs in the liver. So I stopped,
Your msg made me curious so I started another google search using these key words together:
cbd statin liver

The basics of what I came across is a medical research study done in England about 9 years ago released their findings which indicated that there was an interaction between CBD and statins. If I understand it right, the CBD will interfere with the liver's function of metabolizing the statin so the body can get rid of it on schedule. If the liver does not metabolize the statin at the rate that it is supposed to then the body can end up with more statins in the blood stream leading to an overdose or toxic type of situation.

I did not do any in depth reading but did fast look at a lot of websites. Even the pro CBD sites seemed to feel that this is serious enough that they were mentioning the warnings.

A quick search using:
cbd statin liver cdc
did not turn up any similar study, or warning, from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention but that could be because of the way Marijuana is scheduled by the Feds.

Your msg made me curious so I started another google search using these key words together:
cbd statin liver

The basics of what I came across is a medical research study done in England about 9 years ago released their findings which indicated that there was an interaction between CBD and statins. If I understand it right, the CBD will interfere with the liver's function of metabolizing the statin so the body can get rid of it on schedule. If the liver does not metabolize the statin at the rate that it is supposed to then the body can end up with more statins in the blood stream leading to an overdose or toxic type of situation.

I did not do any in depth reading but did fast look at a lot of websites. Even the pro CBD sites seemed to feel that this is serious enough that they were mentioning the warnings.

A quick search using:
cbd statin liver cdc
did not turn up any similar study, or warning, from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention but that could be because of the way Marijuana is scheduled by the Feds.
Thanks wings, it's very difficult finding credible information

Back
Top Bottom