CFL 6x6500k our 150watt HPS for vigiate stage ?

ninfreak

Would it be better to use 6x26w 6500k CFL our one 150watt HPS in a grow box of 47inch high 23inch wide and 18inch deep just asking because the HPS looks way to orange colour and the 6x26w CFL 6500K looks way whitish blue I am a newbie at this and the CFL 26watt is = to a 100watt Incandescent light bulb

Personally I like CFL's in small areas. 6500k is great for veg, and 2700k are more geared for flowering. Mixing the two spectrums is even better. If you plan on going 6 bulbs you might want to go 5 x 6500k and 1 x 2700k for veg. Then go 5 x 2700k and 1 x 6500k for flowering. That combo will give you killer buds in your small space. I'm not really sure how much heat one single 150 HPS bulb would produce, but it's probably going to be equal or maybe slightly hotter then all those cfl's together. Whatever you decide I'm sure both would work great. I'm leaning towards the CFL's since it would be more usable combined lumens. :goodluck:

thanks i like your idea 5x6500k 1x2700k then cfl look more natural then the HPS but i hear mix feelings towards the CFL and the HPS

for flowering definately go with the hps. just make sure you have enough vertical room for it. they cannot be anywhere near the top of the plant. at least a foot away with very good ventilation. if thats not possible definately go with the 2700k cfls.

thanks for the help my first time grow so i will use 5x6500k and 1x2700k CFL
for veg and use the HPS for flowering

My cab is 3x2x4 and I'm running a 250w HID hood..the only issue I have is managing temps. You've got to be pretty organized to get that done without sacrificing airflow.

If I were doing it over, I would go T5 or CFL for veg and flower just cause it's easier to manage.

CFL's do still put out heat but not nearly as much in that small of a space. You'll do well with CFL's.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom