CFLs color spectrum

JDJP

Ok, I tried searching, but couldn't find a good answer.
When talking about CFLs there is cool white, soft white, warm white and daylight? I read somewhere that anything over 5000K(kelvin) is considered daylight?
What color spectrum do all of these bulbs carry, and what mix of colors is best for the veg cycle?

Thanks

JD

ok, I answered part of myquestion

Temperature: The Kelvin temperature of a fluorescent bulb indicates whether it brings out the cool, blue end of the color spectrum or the red, warm end of the spectrum.

Warm Color temperature 3000 – 4000 degrees Kelvin

Cool
Color temperature 4000 – 5000 degrees Kelvin
Clean, white light for general use

Daylight Color temperature +6000 degrees Kelvin
Bright light with true color rendering

But I would still like to know what spectrums are best for vegging??

Most of your wattage in blue/some red during vegging...... Most of your wattage in blue/a bit more red for flowering, the suns diminshed hours of daylight due to the earths orbit in the fall causes more RED light in the daily mix of spectrum, so more red for flowering. An example of what I'm eluding to is the sunset every day, it's red because of its angle to the earth (our horizon actually). In the fall months the nortern hemisphere loses the sun a bit as it shifts to the south giving us a naturally occuring 'redder' spectrum for flowering.

Thanks for the quick answer, im glad to hear that, Ive got some soft whites on my plants now, and just bought some daylights, so I should be set.

Back
Top Bottom