Checkpoint Seizes 950 Pounds Of Pot

MedicalNeed

U.S. Border Patrol seized 950 pounds of marijuana hidden under rotten produce at an Indio checkpoint, the agency announced Tuesday.

The pot is worth about $760,000, the agency estimated.

The drug bust began about 5:30 p.m. Monday when a semitrailer pulled up to the primary inspection point on Highway 86.

A drug-sniffing dog alerted inspectors. The unidentified driver, his truck and the marijuana were turned over to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed:420 MAGAZINE
Source:mydesert.com
Author: Kate McGinty
Contact: mydesert.com | Palm Springs Feedback | The Desert Sun
Copyright: 2010 mydesert.com
Website:Checkpoint seizes 950 pounds of pot | mydesert.com | The Desert Sun

:morenutes::morenutes: I live in the Imperial Valley and on my way to go fishing saw the Border Patrol taking pictures of there trophy at the Hwy. 86 checkpoint. This checkpoint is there all the time and is nothing new to the truckers who make there runs up into S. California from Mexico. More dope passes through there every day that you can smoke,snort or shoot in a single lifetime!!! There is one bust for every maybe hundred that get through. Why make a big deal over a small amt. of reefer when more heroin or speed than that comes through the same route daily? The cartels down in Sinaloa are sure paying off the right people to let the real business drive on through aren't they??? What a pathetic little bust for the DEA to make the papers??? This is just more anti Prop 19 bullshit for the closet rednecks like MADD to scream about!! A bust like this wouldn't even make the news if it wasn't this close to the elections next month. R. D. :welldone::goodjob::goodluck: Now get a life :bravo::bravo::passitleft:

They can't secure the border, they can't balance the budget, sure HOLDER come get me dumb ass! Obama better get his shit strait or he's done in 2012. Yeah the tea baggers are getting stronger and you want to turn off California too good luck in 2012 CLOWNS.

Back
Top Bottom