Cheers Of Joy Erupt After House Passes Medical Marijuana Bill

Robert Celt

Just after 6:30 Wednesday, the House passed Senate Bill 3 by a vote of 149-43.

Advocates who have been fighting for the bill's passage, which would legalize medical marijuana in Pennsylvania, erupted into cheers.

"I am actually a little numb right now. I can't believe it finally happened after all this time," said Cara Salemme, who's son Jackson has seizures.

"We are very happy. We are just thrilled with the House of Representatives right now. This is what we wanted for 10 months now," said Latrisha Bentch, daughter Anna has seizures.

After the vote, many of the Representatives on the House floor stood and turned towards the group of advocates waving and clapping.

"I'm just so happy for them. They are the heroes. They were here every day just fighting this battle," said Representative Mike Regan, (R) York County.

"If there is even an inkling that this can help just one child or one adult or ease a little pain for somebody who in the world am I as a legislator to tell them no. It is a historic day here in Pennsylvania. There is no question about it," said Representative Dan Moul, (R) Adams County.

Senator Mike Folmer, co-sponsor of SB3, was also there to celebrate.

"This was done by everyday folk. This was not big money, no big pot money was here, this was everyday folk fighting for the right to have an alternative to have one more arrow in their quiver to fight their disease," said Folmer, (R) Lebanon County.

The bill will now head back to the Senate. Governor Wolf says he will sign the bill if it gets to his desk.

medical-marijuana-prescription.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Cheers Of Joy Erupt After House Passes Medical Marijuana Bill
Author: Kendra Nichols
Photo Credit: iStock

Back
Top Bottom